I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ejaculating a lot of urine

User
Posted 23 Dec 2023 at 21:39

Hi everyone, so I count myself lucky that, after my RP operation, that I'm able to get erections 6 months post surgery (nerve sparing just on one side), great with sildenafil and getting there slowly without pills, but on orgasm I am ejaculating a lot of urine. If I pee before sex I ejaculate c10-20ml and if I don't pee it can up to 70-80ml. Clearly this is affecting my sex life as there no way I want to climax when I have penetrative sex. 

Is this common, I was expecting to have dry orgasms. Anyone have this, does this improve. Mine doesn't seem to be getting any better. In terms of incontinence I'm nearly there just have the odd dribble or minor accident (not stress incontinence).

The urology medical staff don't seem to be taking any notice of my issue of providing guidance, indeed the consultant just said it's only urine and won't do your wife any harm......

Be interested in other people's experiences/thoughts.

Thanks

User
Posted 23 Dec 2023 at 22:56

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

It is very common. It's called climacturia. It gradually gets better.

Congratulations on making such good erection progress. (He says through gritted teeth, whilst turning green with envy.🙂)

Adrian

Edited by member 23 Dec 2023 at 23:18  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Dec 2023 at 15:31

It's because you lose your internal urinary sphincter during a prostatectomy. That normally shuts off firmly during arousal and ejaculation, to stop urine being ejaculated.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Dec 2023 at 22:56

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

It is very common. It's called climacturia. It gradually gets better.

Congratulations on making such good erection progress. (He says through gritted teeth, whilst turning green with envy.🙂)

Adrian

Edited by member 23 Dec 2023 at 23:18  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Dec 2023 at 23:50
You could wear a condom if your wife / partner feels uncomfortable about it?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Dec 2023 at 14:39

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
You could wear a condom if your wife / partner feels uncomfortable about it?

As it's Xmas, you could use a Baileys flavoured one.

Edited by member 24 Dec 2023 at 15:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Dec 2023 at 15:31

It's because you lose your internal urinary sphincter during a prostatectomy. That normally shuts off firmly during arousal and ejaculation, to stop urine being ejaculated.

User
Posted 24 Dec 2023 at 21:08

Hi Spiny

It is quite common to 'ejaculate' urine. Following my prostatectomy, after about three months I was 99.9% continent. I tend to leak when sexually excited and at orgasms. I know a couple of men who have dry orgasms which, one of them says is not all that pleasurable and the other one finds it not as good as before his surgery but enjoyable; experiences with dry orgasm vary.  My orgasms are intense and very enjoyable but produces a considerable amount of urine.  I suffer from ED and very early on, during the rehabilitation process, we decided not to choose any of the invasive options for ED and have been using vacuum pumps and constricting rings for many years. So at orgasm I do not 'ejaculated' any urine, except that I must be careful when I take the ring off!

For a possible solution to your problem you may consider, after your penis is fully erect, slipping a large ring (the soft variety sold by iMedicare.co.uk) on at the base of your penis which will stop the urine flow and you may also have the benefit of your erections lasting longer! Another benefit, which we take full advantage of is that my wife finds it quite exciting to give me oral sex (because there is no fluid for her to deal with!) while I use a vibrator on her; half an hour (time limit for the ring on the penis) of ‘tantric sex’ with simultaneous orgasms is something we wouldn't have dreamt of! Putting a ring on is a little uncomfortable but you get used to it because the benefit outweighs the discomfort! Try it, you have nothing to lose!

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate