Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Recent diagnosis of T4N0MX

User
Posted 28 Dec 2023 at 13:03

Hi all

I have recently been diagnosed with T4N0MX prostrate cancer, I have started hormone therapy had tablets and 2 injections 3rd due end February then radio therapy, bit concerned about RT as I have a anal fistula and was told RT could cause this to get worse and end up with a colonoscapy and end up with a bag fitted ,wondered if anyone had this problem

Thanks

Russ

User
Posted 28 Dec 2023 at 13:37

Hi Russ,

Welcome to the forum.

It's a pity you had to find us, but I'm glad you did.

I'm afraid I can't help you, I was only on hormone tablets for a couple of months prior to surgery and have never had radiotherapy. However, there will be folk who'll pop in and are able to assist.

Best of luck mate.

Adrian

Edited by member 28 Dec 2023 at 13:42  | Reason: Spelling.

User
Posted 28 Dec 2023 at 15:19
Hi Russ,

I think you mean a colostomy (having a bag fitted) rather than a colonoscopy (having a camera up your bum) - I have been a member of this forum for many years and cannot remember any situation where an active member has posted that they ended up with a colostomy as a result of RT complications although we have had a few men with anal fistulas. The alternative is to not have radical treatment but that means you have no opportunity of remission so presumably the risk of making the fistula worse is lower than the risk of not having RT.

It would be worth you asking whether you would be suitable for SpaceOar or a similar barrier gel to protect your bowel although it will depend on a) where the cancer is and b) whether your ICB / NHS trust will fund it.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Dec 2023 at 15:30

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

However, there will be folk who'll pop in and are able to assist.

Cheers Lyn, you're like a Knight in shining armour. 🙂

Edited by member 28 Dec 2023 at 15:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Dec 2023 at 12:02

The MX suggests they haven't done any full body scan such as a bone scan, which for a T4 diagnosis doesn't sound right.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2023 at 12:18

Hi Andy , I have had a full bone scan they found a small (something) as they said on right 5 rib don't think anything to worry about but will keep checking on it ,my up coming RT is to target prostrate and lymph nodes 

Cheers Russ