I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gleason7

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 17:47

Hi everyone ,just joined after dreaded phone call yesterday confirming I’ve Gleason 7 prostate cancer,my 5 biopsies showed 5 cancerous bits so just waiting for the team meeting next week for next step,been a bit off a whirlwind and mindboggling but half expected as knew body wasn’t right,Rab

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 19:07

Hi Rab, as Adrian said, I’m sorry you’ve joined us but glad you found us.

If it’s 3+4=7, you’ll have the same score I was given originally. I had 11 positive cores spread across both sides. I’m a year older than you and have wound up on active surveillance for now, so it may not be all bad news.

try not to overthink things until you’ve had your meeting mate, and let us know how you get on.

cheers

Ian.

User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 15:32

Hi Fab,

I’m another one in the ‘seven’ club but 4+3 rather than 3+4. I was not offered surgery because it had just nudged into the Seminal Vesicles meaning there was too much chance of recurrence. A lot depends on your staging and the MDT meeting will usually decide what options are available  to you.

I’m not even going to bother telling you not to worry, but try and keep yourself as active and busy as you can and give yourself and family lots of treats….things that make you happy. As everyone will tell you, the waiting is the worst so anything that can take your mind off PCa will help.

Good luck on your journey and I’m pleased you’ve found this wonderful resource.

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 18:39

Hi Rab.

Sorry to see you had to join us but I'm glad you have.

It is scary and unsettling to be given the news.  I think you mean your biopsy showed five cores were cancerous. Do you know if your Gleason 7 is (3+4) or (4+3) ? 

Keep us updated. You'll find lots of people here who have or are going through what you are having to face. You'll get plenty of help and support.

Adrian

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 18:43

Hi,not sure which way round the score is and sorry yes I meant the 5 cores were cancerous,it was the nurse who phoned so will know more next week,I suffer from Rheumatoid arthritis and take injections weekly so she said surgery might be a problem but we’ll see

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 19:07

Hi Rab, as Adrian said, I’m sorry you’ve joined us but glad you found us.

If it’s 3+4=7, you’ll have the same score I was given originally. I had 11 positive cores spread across both sides. I’m a year older than you and have wound up on active surveillance for now, so it may not be all bad news.

try not to overthink things until you’ve had your meeting mate, and let us know how you get on.

cheers

Ian.

User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 11:50
Hi,Rab, I was in similar postion as you this time last year,I was Gleason 7(4+3) I was offered the choice of Surgery or HT following by 20 fractions of Radiotherapy at Monklands Beatson Centre. After speaking with the Surgeon and the Oncologists I went down the HT and RT route, my treatment finished June and my PSA is now dropping, making the right decision of treatment is the hardest part once you've got that done the rest just follows, take time to relax and you'll get through this, cheers
User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 14:33

Thanks for replying,yes plenty to think about and get my head round

User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 15:32

Hi Fab,

I’m another one in the ‘seven’ club but 4+3 rather than 3+4. I was not offered surgery because it had just nudged into the Seminal Vesicles meaning there was too much chance of recurrence. A lot depends on your staging and the MDT meeting will usually decide what options are available  to you.

I’m not even going to bother telling you not to worry, but try and keep yourself as active and busy as you can and give yourself and family lots of treats….things that make you happy. As everyone will tell you, the waiting is the worst so anything that can take your mind off PCa will help.

Good luck on your journey and I’m pleased you’ve found this wonderful resource.

Derek