I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Taking Caverject on holiday

User
Posted 12 Jan 2024 at 15:15

I am being prescribed Caverject as Sildenafil is not doing a great deal. With holidays being on the horizon has anyone experience of taking the drug in their luggage? Suitcase or hand luggage - which is bes? I have had cases searched due to having a vacuum pump and dread the thought of explaining what the Caverject is for.

User
Posted 12 Jan 2024 at 18:48

Hi Paul

According to the NHS it's best kept in hand luggage.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/can-i-take-my-medicine-abroad/#:~:text=Travelling%20with%20your%20medicines,a%20copy%20of%20your%20prescription

Don't inject any before boarding. It'll be a long hard flight. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Edited by member 12 Jan 2024 at 22:16  | Reason: Additional text

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 01:36
When John was on Caverject, we took it in hand luggage, in its original box with the prescription. The hold is too cold for Caverject which can reduce its efficacy. Now he is on Invicorp, it has to go in the hold luggage as the cabin temperature is too warm.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 08:43
You could put invicorp in a metal thermos flask or similar and fill the remaining space with water at fridge temperature then it should be OK in the hold.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 08:58

I have taken Caverject on holiday in hand luggage and in the hold. The instructions don't mention a minimum temperature unless you've prepared the solution for use, in which case it has to be stored under 25°C and used within 24hrs.

As for hold luggage, last trip, I just thought sod it and packed some in the middle of the case insulated by clothing for a ten hour flight to Mexico. Didn't have any issues with it at all, still did the trick.

As for prescription, all I have is my copy of a letter to my GP that mentions injections. Despite being a rule breaker, I haven't been stopped and searched.. yet.

Happy holidays, 

Kev.

Edited by member 13 Jan 2024 at 08:59  | Reason: Typo

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Jan 2024 at 18:48

Hi Paul

According to the NHS it's best kept in hand luggage.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/can-i-take-my-medicine-abroad/#:~:text=Travelling%20with%20your%20medicines,a%20copy%20of%20your%20prescription

Don't inject any before boarding. It'll be a long hard flight. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Edited by member 12 Jan 2024 at 22:16  | Reason: Additional text

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 01:36
When John was on Caverject, we took it in hand luggage, in its original box with the prescription. The hold is too cold for Caverject which can reduce its efficacy. Now he is on Invicorp, it has to go in the hold luggage as the cabin temperature is too warm.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 08:43
You could put invicorp in a metal thermos flask or similar and fill the remaining space with water at fridge temperature then it should be OK in the hold.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 08:58

I have taken Caverject on holiday in hand luggage and in the hold. The instructions don't mention a minimum temperature unless you've prepared the solution for use, in which case it has to be stored under 25°C and used within 24hrs.

As for hold luggage, last trip, I just thought sod it and packed some in the middle of the case insulated by clothing for a ten hour flight to Mexico. Didn't have any issues with it at all, still did the trick.

As for prescription, all I have is my copy of a letter to my GP that mentions injections. Despite being a rule breaker, I haven't been stopped and searched.. yet.

Happy holidays, 

Kev.

Edited by member 13 Jan 2024 at 08:59  | Reason: Typo