Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

SABR treatment to pelvic lymph node

User
Posted 12 Jan 2024 at 18:07

Hi just thought i would do a separate post to my story

I have my appt next week to discuss possible SABR treatment. In Nov a PSMA scan identified a 4mm lesion to one pelvic external iliac node. The oncologist has not ruled out SABR but has stated it would be technically challenging as the node is close to the previous RT field. 

Has anyone had SABR to a node close to the previous RT field? If so did it cause side effects?

Do you think its advisable asking for another scan as it was Nov when i had the last one. I don't want to have risky treatment if its spread further

Cheers

Bri

Edited by member 13 Jan 2024 at 08:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 19:59

Bri, looks like there aren't many of us on the same pathway. My first tumor was in an external illiac node, but there are apparently several external illiac nodes. My salvage RT was presumably  just to the prostate bed. When they found the second tumor there was talk of retreating the external illiac node again but I think they decided it was too risky to retreat it.

My PSMA scans were ten months apart and the second tumor was described by the radiologist as the smallest tumor she had ever treated.

Thanks Chris