I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Caverject - what to expect and your experiences?

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 21:33

I have been prescribed EDEX which is the same as Caverject and picked up the first month's supplies yesterday.

I have an appointment in a weeks time at the hospital to be shown how to use it and to check for any adverse reaction but I really don't know what to expect. Has anyone had a one on one demonstration on using it?

When using it, is it easy to inject and is there any pain - the thought is kind of offputting LOL

What strength of erection is typical - is it the same as pre-op or softer?

Thanks!

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 22:55
You just have to be brave.. If it works well it's a rock hard boner that will last for about 2 hours.

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 00:20

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Has anyone had a one on one demonstration on using it.

Yes  I have Steve.

My wife and I went to the ED clinic and one of the nurses supervised me injecting myself.

Unlike Lyn's experience, a banana wasn't used  for demonstration. Which I'm glad about because in my case a gherkin would have been more appropriate.

I held my penis and the nurse showed me where I had to inject it. My wife and I were then instructed to walk around the hospital car parks for 20 minutes to see if anything happened. It didn't.

Fortunately the nurse didn't give up and got my GP to prescribe Invicorp. That did work.

I believe, that you're in France and can't get Invicorp which is a shame. On reflection, I think the Caverject may have worked on me, but even under supervision, I probably didn't inject it perfectly. I was shaking like a leaf, and hitting a very small moving target isn't easy.

It's absolutely brilliant to get an erection again, when you've started thinking that is no longer possible. 

There is an art in injecting, you have to find 'the sweet spot'  Francji1 is an expert and put me straight after a run of flops.

Of course it's not  the same as a natural stiffy and it's a bit of a palaver preparing the injection but it's pretty damn good. The erections are good enough for penetrative sex.

It can leave you in an aroused state for up to a couple of hours which is great, unless you get unexpected visitors or need to dash to Tesco for milk. 

My avatar is a tribute to those who've done the seemingly impossible and managed to raise the dead.

Edited by member 14 Jan 2024 at 08:12  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 23:08
Same principle applies, if it doesn't feel right pull it out and try again without wasting your stuff not that you have any after surgery 😂😂
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 22:55
You just have to be brave.. If it works well it's a rock hard boner that will last for about 2 hours.

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 23:11

Hi Steve, 

I suppose the first question to ask.. does EDEX come in a dual chamber system like Caverject or Viridal duo? Because if it does, then things are a lot more straightforward than fiddling about drawing off solutions from vials etc..

As for my experience: first time was one to one with a nurse using Viridal Duo, my other half wasn't allowed in due to covid (blah blah). The needle is pretty small and I find the sensation to be a bit weird rather than painful. I was given the smallest dose of 2.5mg to test for adverse reactions, had to wait for 15-20 minutes before being sent home. At that time I lived not far from the hospital so we still had maybe an hours erection to play with when we got home. 

First few times it was rock solid and a bit painful, but then I hadn't had a proper erection for the best part of a year at that point in time. 

Try not to be nervous, injections are a game changer, they get you back in the saddle. 

I don't need them much now as natural erections have improved, but when I do, I still hesitate just as I'm about to stick the needle in.

Good luck!

Kev.

Edited by member 13 Jan 2024 at 23:15  | Reason: Added note

User
Posted 13 Jan 2024 at 23:35
I went with John for his appointment. The ED nurse discussed the pros & cons with both of us, demonstrated one injection on a banana so that I could see what needs to be done and then John went behind a curtain with the nurse so that she could demonstrate it on him. As above, she waited long enough to see whether it had worked and then sent us home.

The needle is very fine and John says not painful to stick in.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 00:20

Has anyone had a one on one demonstration on using it.

Yes  I have Steve.

My wife and I went to the ED clinic and one of the nurses supervised me injecting myself.

Unlike Lyn's experience, a banana wasn't used  for demonstration. Which I'm glad about because in my case a gherkin would have been more appropriate.

I held my penis and the nurse showed me where I had to inject it. My wife and I were then instructed to walk around the hospital car parks for 20 minutes to see if anything happened. It didn't.

Fortunately the nurse didn't give up and got my GP to prescribe Invicorp. That did work.

I believe, that you're in France and can't get Invicorp which is a shame. On reflection, I think the Caverject may have worked on me, but even under supervision, I probably didn't inject it perfectly. I was shaking like a leaf, and hitting a very small moving target isn't easy.

It's absolutely brilliant to get an erection again, when you've started thinking that is no longer possible. 

There is an art in injecting, you have to find 'the sweet spot'  Francji1 is an expert and put me straight after a run of flops.

Of course it's not  the same as a natural stiffy and it's a bit of a palaver preparing the injection but it's pretty damn good. The erections are good enough for penetrative sex.

It can leave you in an aroused state for up to a couple of hours which is great, unless you get unexpected visitors or need to dash to Tesco for milk. 

My avatar is a tribute to those who've done the seemingly impossible and managed to raise the dead.

Edited by member 14 Jan 2024 at 08:12  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 10:33
Thanks all - that is very reassuring and yes, EDEX is dual chamber just like Caverject (Alprostadil)

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 11:44
Don't forget if there is any resistance to the plunger you ain't got it in the right spot
User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 11:53

Don't forget if there is any resistance to the plunger you ain't got it in the right spot

I was doing OK until I read that hahahaha

Is there any risk of permanent damage - I kinda like it and don't want to hurt it :)

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 12:10

I just found this which has just helped me understand the process - it was in French too so now I know some new words :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dMolSUK7A

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 14:51

Are you talking about the injection or the sex? 😆

Edited by member 14 Jan 2024 at 14:52  | Reason: Typos again!

User
Posted 14 Jan 2024 at 23:08
Same principle applies, if it doesn't feel right pull it out and try again without wasting your stuff not that you have any after surgery 😂😂