I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

HT/RT vs RARP- Urinary Problems

User
Posted 23 Jan 2024 at 16:03

Before I had RARP I had quite serious urinary problems because of prostatitis/BPH: frequency, urgency, dribbling burning sensation, pain etc. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer I had the options of RARP or HT/RT. One of the main reasons I chose surgery was based on my assumption that once the prostate was removed my urinary issues will simply disappear and that is what happened! When I questioned my urologist before the surgery he did not seem all that interested!

Are there any members here who have experienced similar benefit following RARP? Also what is the experience of men who opted for HT/RT? Have you or do you have any side effects concerning your bladder function? 

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 24 Jan 2024 at 01:21
Yes, same for J - he had been on tablets for a sphincter problem from the age of 35 but post-op, he could pee like a teenager again!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Jan 2024 at 04:03

RT/HT one year later, no problems!

Jules

User
Posted 24 Jan 2024 at 07:03

Pre op - pub - 2 pints - pee - then pee every pint after - after 6 pints -  stagger home. 🥴

Post op - pub - 1 pint - pee - then pee every four gulps after - after 3 pints - sharp pain in bladder - ring the wife for a lift home.😔

Edited by member 24 Jan 2024 at 07:17  | Reason: Emojis

User
Posted 24 Jan 2024 at 08:20

7 months after finishing RT and my urinary function is definitely much better. Don’t get up so often at night, urgency and frequency gone during the day. The only issue I still have during the night, although getting better, is double voiding during the night because getting up a second time can affect my ability to get back to sleep.

Derek