I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA after 6 months from Treatment

User
Posted 23 Jan 2024 at 19:43

Hi, all, I had the result of my PSA today,6 months after completing Radiotherapy, it was 0.9 and Urology are confident that it should reduce further before reach NDIR, my question is how low can I expect it to drop, my next test is scheduled for 4 months, cheers

User
Posted 23 Jan 2024 at 22:11

Hi,

You don’t have a Bio so I’m not sure what your full diagnosis or treatment was.
I had 20 sessions of RT. My PSA was 0.9 at the start of RT, down to 0.3 six months after RT finished, then down to 0.1 after a further 3 months. So yes, I would say your PSA may well continue to fall. I’m hoping for the magic <0.1(undetectable) at some point but I’m very happy to have reached 0.1 which may be my NDIR.

onwards and downwards🤞

Derek

User
Posted 24 Jan 2024 at 01:05
You will generally hit your nadir at 18 months post-RT - that's how long it takes for the RT to stop working its magic.

Unless you have had your prostate removed previously, the expectation is that the PSA will remain below 2.0 after RT so you have already achieved that. If you don't have a prostate, you are looking for the PSA to go below 0.1 by the 18 month mark
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 24 Jan 2024 at 19:52
Hi,Decho, I was offered the choice of Surgery or HT/RT I chose the RT route with 3 months of Bicalutamide before 20 fractions of Radiotherapy, my PSA was 5.4 before 3 months HT and 3.1 afterwards it then went down to 1.4 ,3months after RT.

I had a Gleason score of 7 (4+3) and 4 out of 12 biopsies were shown to be cancerous, after much research I opted to go down the HT/RT route and I can't speak highly enough of the care I got at Monklands Beatson Centre in North Lanarkshire, Thanks for your prompt reply and hopefully my PSA continues to drop, cheers