I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Caverject (EDEX) I love you

User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 14:14

Just got back from my appointment with a urologist to administer my first caverject injection. It's called EDEX here in France but it's the same.

Arrived at the hospital and met the nurses and had a conversation about VEDs and one of them explained that she was new to the department so wasn't very aware of this side of urology.

Put in the waiting room to wait for the urologist (not my usual one) and the nurse came back in and asked if I was alright if she observed the procedure with the urologist. I didn't mind at all - any embarrassment about my bits and pieces has long gone LOL

The male Urologist arrived and explained how to prepare the injection - I am to use the smallest 2.5mcg dose so, as the syringe holds 10mcg, I have to squirt out the liquid until there is just 2.5mcg left. I have to inject 3 times at this dose every 48 hours and only then increase to 5mcg if needed. I can increase to 7.5mcg and eventually 10mcg if required, after 3 attempts at previous volumes.

Anyway, he cleaned my penis with antiseptic, which was resembling a little acorn at this time and I asked whether I should start with the VED to give the syringe something to aim at, but he was categoric that VED should never be used with the injection. Pulling the penis was enough to get a bit of length and he showed me how and where to inject it, demonstrating it to the nurse as he progressed. I was expecting pain but apart from the tiniest sting of the needle entering, it was painless.
A tiny drop of blood healed immediately.

I was then left alone to see what happened. After 10 minutes I could feel that long forgotten sensation of a growing penis - OMG after 10 months it was wonderful. For some reason it felt completely different to the VED.
By 20 minutes I think it had gotten to the best it was going to be - what I would describe as a strong semi - not good enough for sex but it felt very nice having a little play with it.

The nurse returned after 30 minutes and it was on it's way down - so I was given permission to leave with the clear understanding of how to do the progression of volumes and also to get to ER if it doesn't go down after 4 hours!

So that brings me to a question for other Caverject users - does the increase in amount injected create a stronger erection or does it extend the time that you are erect? I'm trying to understand whether a strong semi is going to be the norm, or it will get stronger as I up the volume.

Edited by member 27 Jan 2024 at 08:41  | Reason: It's MCG not ML

User
Posted 29 Jan 2024 at 06:08

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I did notice an interesting effect that the penis shaft was very firm but the glans was cold to the touch.

Yeah, I believe that is normal.

The glans of the penis has a separate blood supply system to the two main chambers of the penis.  It is connected to the third smaller chamber on the underside of the penis (which contains the urethra).  The caverject injection only causes engorgement of the two main chambers.

User
Posted 13 Feb 2024 at 01:11

I can't say that it is definitely in stock but according to Google these websites are all accepting orders if you have a prescription:

https://www.oxfordonlinepharmacy.co.uk/erectile-dysfunction/viridal-duo 

https://www.dockpharmacy.com/product/viridal-duo-40-starter-pack/ 

https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/medicines/viridal-40-duo-continuation-pack-2-injections-p4378 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Feb 2024 at 16:33

Just wondering whether it was easy to achieve orgasm within a reasonable time?

From experience I would say that your mental state has far more to do with orgasm than the erection. I have used a semi hard with excellent effect when in the right mood and something harder that never achieved orgasm (I think boredom eventually set in - oops). 
So it's more to do with being able to perform when the mood is right rather than a guarantee of an explosive orgasm.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 15:28

Well, I had a slight issue as I was told to inject alternate sides with each dose and on my last 2.5mcg injection, I was trying to inject the left hand side and I am right handed (I still haven't plucked up the courage to get my wife to do it lol). Anyway, I was convinced that I had twisted the floppy shaft and maybe injected the wrong spot - it didn't feel right and it was uncomfortable rather than painful.

Try it left handed Steve, it'll feel like someone else is doing it. 

Joking aside, I don't find injecting left handed that difficult, takes a little getting used to but it's important to alternate.

Kev.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 14:14

Just got back from my appointment with a urologist to administer my first caverject injection. It's called EDEX here in France but it's the same.

Arrived at the hospital and met the nurses and had a conversation about VEDs and one of them explained that she was new to the department so wasn't very aware of this side of urology.

Put in the waiting room to wait for the urologist (not my usual one) and the nurse came back in and asked if I was alright if she observed the procedure with the urologist. I didn't mind at all - any embarrassment about my bits and pieces has long gone LOL

The male Urologist arrived and explained how to prepare the injection - I am to use the smallest 2.5mcg dose so, as the syringe holds 10mcg, I have to squirt out the liquid until there is just 2.5mcg left. I have to inject 3 times at this dose every 48 hours and only then increase to 5mcg if needed. I can increase to 7.5mcg and eventually 10mcg if required, after 3 attempts at previous volumes.

Anyway, he cleaned my penis with antiseptic, which was resembling a little acorn at this time and I asked whether I should start with the VED to give the syringe something to aim at, but he was categoric that VED should never be used with the injection. Pulling the penis was enough to get a bit of length and he showed me how and where to inject it, demonstrating it to the nurse as he progressed. I was expecting pain but apart from the tiniest sting of the needle entering, it was painless.
A tiny drop of blood healed immediately.

I was then left alone to see what happened. After 10 minutes I could feel that long forgotten sensation of a growing penis - OMG after 10 months it was wonderful. For some reason it felt completely different to the VED.
By 20 minutes I think it had gotten to the best it was going to be - what I would describe as a strong semi - not good enough for sex but it felt very nice having a little play with it.

The nurse returned after 30 minutes and it was on it's way down - so I was given permission to leave with the clear understanding of how to do the progression of volumes and also to get to ER if it doesn't go down after 4 hours!

So that brings me to a question for other Caverject users - does the increase in amount injected create a stronger erection or does it extend the time that you are erect? I'm trying to understand whether a strong semi is going to be the norm, or it will get stronger as I up the volume.

Edited by member 27 Jan 2024 at 08:41  | Reason: It's MCG not ML

User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 20:01
Interesting French approach to the dose, it makes a lot of sense.

My instruction in the UK was give it 20 straight off, I didn't I went straight to 10. It worked very well but lasted about 3 hours, started backing off and found 2.5 was all it needed.

You will find it works better with real stimulation too Iike naked ladies or whatever takes your fancy.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2024 at 02:17

The male Urologist arrived and explained how to prepare the injection - I am to use the smallest 2.5ml dose so, as the syringe holds 10ml, I have to squirt out the liquid until there is just 2.5ml left. I have to inject 3 times at this dose every 48 hours and only then increase to 5ml if needed. I can increase to 7.5ml and eventually 10ml if required, after 3 attempts at previous volumes.

Not sure whether you can edit your post. The correct dosage unit is mcg, not ml.

To inject 10ml of fluid into the penis would be very scary for some guys!

User
Posted 28 Jan 2024 at 08:07

From an article in Science direct:

Alprostadil Alfadex - an overview

The technique was discovered in 1977 when papaverine was inadvertently injected into the cavernosum during a surgical shunting procedure and induced a rigid ...

Edited by member 29 Jan 2024 at 07:45  | Reason: Reduce text

User
Posted 29 Jan 2024 at 09:49

. My dad has a special version of Caverject which is 100mcg.

Bloomin' eck! Did it come in a silicone tube and was called ' As hard as nails ' ? 😉

He's in the Guiness Book of Records as the first pole vaulter to grow his own pole.

User
Posted 13 Feb 2024 at 07:43
Astonishing, - about 3 days ago I received a reply from one of these saying they had no information as to when the 40 mg packs would be available. After your reply I logged in again and find they have stock ! So have ordered, - waiting to see whether doctor will accept order.

Thank you so much !

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 09:10
Just a quick update on progress.

I started with the smallest 2.5mcg dose and although I was getting something, it was really just a semi and so I was concerned as to whether increasing the dose would improve rigidity or just prolong it.

Well, I had a slight issue as I was told to inject alternate sides with each dose and on my last 2.5mcg injection, I was trying to inject the left hand side and I am right handed (I still haven't plucked up the courage to get my wife to do it lol). Anyway, I was convinced that I had twisted the floppy shaft and maybe injected the wrong spot - it didn't feel right and it was uncomfortable rather than painful.

Anyway, that put me off for a bit, but last night I tried the regular right side with a larger 5mcg dose and I can confirm that it definitely improves rigidity and a little manipulation also got the glans nice the firm and purple - good blood flow.

The erection lasted the same time as before - about 20 minutes and was definitely usable!

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 09:17

Good lad, you're now officially a proud member of the 'Prick a d*ck' club. 👏 🙂

Joking apart, Steve. Despite the advice, I've never bothered with swapping sides when injecting. I concentrate totally, on hitting the sweet spot, and missing blood vessels.

Edited by member 19 Feb 2024 at 09:32  | Reason: Additional text

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:45
LOL Kev

I'm not sure about left handed - I don't have confidence in hitting the spot - with the worry it would wave around like someone with parkinsons. It's not as if I have a large target to aim at :)

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:57

It would help if you could use an ED to give a larger target, not sure why they recommend you don't. My left hand literally shakes when I try😮

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 20:38

It would help if you could use an ED to give a larger target, not sure why they recommend you don't. My left hand literally shakes when I try😮

Maybe I'm lucky, but I can get a bit of swelling by 'vigorously' washing it with warm soapy water. Then inject.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 22:23

Because if you pumped up and then injected, the needle wouldn't hit the right spot 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 15:30

Very happy for you Steve. Welcome to the prick a d*ck club. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on the dosage of Caverject. I'm an Invicorp man. Are you going to 'celebrate' tomorrow night? Wink, wink, nudge nudge, say no more. 😁

Edited by member 26 Jan 2024 at 15:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 15:34
Well I bought her a bottle of champers to get her in the mood - but if not then the dog is. starting to look very attractive :) :) :)
User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 15:50

🤣🤣🤣

Well I bought her a bottle of champers to get her in the mood - 

Try not to pop your cork too quick.😁

User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 20:01

My instruction in the UK was give it 20 straight off, I didn't I went straight to 10. It worked very well but lasted about 3 hours, started backing off and found 2.5 was all it needed.

You will find it works better with real stimulation too Iike naked ladies or whatever takes your fancy.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2024 at 20:18

I think you are right on that last point. When using the VED there was an erection but there wasn't much emotional feeling with it. With the caverject injection there was definitely a sexual arousal feeling associated with it - quite unexpected and very pleasant.

Edited by member 26 Jan 2024 at 20:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Jan 2024 at 02:17

The male Urologist arrived and explained how to prepare the injection - I am to use the smallest 2.5ml dose so, as the syringe holds 10ml, I have to squirt out the liquid until there is just 2.5ml left. I have to inject 3 times at this dose every 48 hours and only then increase to 5ml if needed. I can increase to 7.5ml and eventually 10ml if required, after 3 attempts at previous volumes.

Not sure whether you can edit your post. The correct dosage unit is mcg, not ml.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2024 at 06:53

And even more frightening for their partners. 😁

User
Posted 27 Jan 2024 at 08:46

Thanks - yes I just re-read the packaging and it's microgrammes - I just made an assumption on the size of the syringe but I think 10mcg is only about 1ml of liquid once it's mixed.

My wife asked me a question that was interesting - who decided that injecting this particular drug into the penis would work? I mean, did they go around injecting various things into penises (or is it peni?) to see what the reaction would be? I must have a Google although I have to say, my search history is starting to look a bit suspect!

User
Posted 28 Jan 2024 at 07:15
Apparently the drug is used for other reasons during surgical procedures.

Some observant Dr / Nurse / pervert happened to notice that when administered to anaesthetised patients it gave the unconscious patient a rock hard erection!

User
Posted 28 Jan 2024 at 08:07

From an article in Science direct:

Alprostadil Alfadex - an overview

The technique was discovered in 1977 when papaverine was inadvertently injected into the cavernosum during a surgical shunting procedure and induced a rigid ...

Edited by member 29 Jan 2024 at 07:45  | Reason: Reduce text

User
Posted 28 Jan 2024 at 08:47

OMG - so basically an accident that  had a Happy Ending

User
Posted 28 Jan 2024 at 20:57

When John first started on Caverject, the ED nurse gave him 2.5mcg and advised him to try that a few times before he went to his next appointment. Only if 2.5 hadn't worked would they have started increasing it to 5, 7.5 and then 10. My dad has a special version of Caverject which is 100mcg. 

User
Posted 28 Jan 2024 at 21:36
Wow - I can't imagine what 100 would do - I have had another 2.5mcg and it worked better than the first - probably as the first was in the hospital which wasn't the most romantic of environments whereas my wife took some interest the second time around. I did notice an interesting effect that the penis shaft was very firm but the glans was cold to the touch. That improved after some manipulation but overall it seems to have improved width but not so much the length. But there remains enough to be useful thanks to some useful advice from a fellow member.
User
Posted 29 Jan 2024 at 06:08

I did notice an interesting effect that the penis shaft was very firm but the glans was cold to the touch.

Yeah, I believe that is normal.

The glans of the penis has a separate blood supply system to the two main chambers of the penis.  It is connected to the third smaller chamber on the underside of the penis (which contains the urethra).  The caverject injection only causes engorgement of the two main chambers.

User
Posted 29 Jan 2024 at 07:31

Bloomin' eck! Did it come in a silicone tube and was called ' As hard as nails ' ? 😉

User
Posted 29 Jan 2024 at 09:49

He's in the Guiness Book of Records as the first pole vaulter to grow his own pole.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2024 at 14:11

So does anyone know where a dose of 40mg of Viridal or Caverject can be purchased currently  ?

User
Posted 12 Feb 2024 at 15:24
Currently you can only get Caverject 10mcg or 20mcg from the online pharmacies, I think. It looks like there are a couple of online pharmacies that have Viridal 40 in stock. For the 10 & 20 doses, some of the online providers will prescribe based on your responses to some questions but for the Viridal 40mcg, you would need to show them that you already have a private prescription for that dose.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2024 at 15:27
Thanks for replying !

Can you tell me which pharmacies may have it in stock ? I've searched high and low.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2024 at 20:46

User
Posted 13 Feb 2024 at 01:11

I can't say that it is definitely in stock but according to Google these websites are all accepting orders if you have a prescription:

https://www.oxfordonlinepharmacy.co.uk/erectile-dysfunction/viridal-duo 

https://www.dockpharmacy.com/product/viridal-duo-40-starter-pack/ 

https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/medicines/viridal-40-duo-continuation-pack-2-injections-p4378 

User
Posted 13 Feb 2024 at 07:43
Astonishing, - about 3 days ago I received a reply from one of these saying they had no information as to when the 40 mg packs would be available. After your reply I logged in again and find they have stock ! So have ordered, - waiting to see whether doctor will accept order.

Thank you so much !

User
Posted 14 Feb 2024 at 16:33

From experience I would say that your mental state has far more to do with orgasm than the erection. I have used a semi hard with excellent effect when in the right mood and something harder that never achieved orgasm (I think boredom eventually set in - oops). 
So it's more to do with being able to perform when the mood is right rather than a guarantee of an explosive orgasm.

User
Posted 15 Feb 2024 at 01:57

Wow - I can't imagine what 100 would do - I have had another 2.5mcg and it worked better than the first - probably as the first was in the hospital which wasn't the most romantic of environments whereas my wife took some interest the second time around. I did notice an interesting effect that the penis shaft was very firm but the glans was cold to the touch. That improved after some manipulation but overall it seems to have improved width but not so much the length. But there remains enough to be useful thanks to some useful advice from a fellow member.

How did you improve the glans? I've been looking for solutions into how to make glans swell. 

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 09:10
Just a quick update on progress.

I started with the smallest 2.5mcg dose and although I was getting something, it was really just a semi and so I was concerned as to whether increasing the dose would improve rigidity or just prolong it.

Anyway, that put me off for a bit, but last night I tried the regular right side with a larger 5mcg dose and I can confirm that it definitely improves rigidity and a little manipulation also got the glans nice the firm and purple - good blood flow.

The erection lasted the same time as before - about 20 minutes and was definitely usable!

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 09:17

Good lad, you're now officially a proud member of the 'Prick a d*ck' club. 👏 🙂

Joking apart, Steve. Despite the advice, I've never bothered with swapping sides when injecting. I concentrate totally, on hitting the sweet spot, and missing blood vessels.

Edited by member 19 Feb 2024 at 09:32  | Reason: Additional text

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 15:28

Try it left handed Steve, it'll feel like someone else is doing it. 

Joking aside, I don't find injecting left handed that difficult, takes a little getting used to but it's important to alternate.

Kev.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:45
LOL Kev

I'm not sure about left handed - I don't have confidence in hitting the spot - with the worry it would wave around like someone with parkinsons. It's not as if I have a large target to aim at :)

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 19:57

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 20:38

Maybe I'm lucky, but I can get a bit of swelling by 'vigorously' washing it with warm soapy water. Then inject.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 22:23

Because if you pumped up and then injected, the needle wouldn't hit the right spot 

User
Posted 23 Feb 2024 at 19:06

I'm a grower not a shower and he's around 5cm, with about 3cm for the glans and only two for the shaft, even when I'm pulling on it. So not a lot to aim at, especially, with my stomach hanging over it even when I breath in.

User
Posted 24 Feb 2024 at 13:24
Yes, that sounds a bit like me - good job we can't post photos LOL

A good wash with warm soapy water does help get something to aim at but interestingly the documentation here in France refers to the fact that the injection is not recommended to patients with large stomachs as they need clear access to the target site. Trying to do it in front of a mirror might be a step too far LOL