I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bone scan reveals I am riddled with it

User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 16:21

Had a full body bone scan yesterday followed by oncology consultant today.  I had a feeling things weren't too clever when they brought my consultation forward by 4 weeks.

Enzalutamide hasn't worked, PSA up to 82.  I think they've given up on the PSA now, and focusing on the rest of what might be wrong with me.  The bone scan showed that I am genuinely riddled with cancer from head to toe, particularly skull and spine.  I'm off the enza and being referred for 6x monthly radium injections.  Still on bisphosphonates and prostap.

Anyone got any experience of radium injections?

Full story here: Just Cancer – 34 – The news just got worse | Stewart's Blog (wordpress.com)

User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 16:21

Had a full body bone scan yesterday followed by oncology consultant today.  I had a feeling things weren't too clever when they brought my consultation forward by 4 weeks.

Enzalutamide hasn't worked, PSA up to 82.  I think they've given up on the PSA now, and focusing on the rest of what might be wrong with me.  The bone scan showed that I am genuinely riddled with cancer from head to toe, particularly skull and spine.  I'm off the enza and being referred for 6x monthly radium injections.  Still on bisphosphonates and prostap.

Anyone got any experience of radium injections?

Full story here: Just Cancer – 34 – The news just got worse | Stewart's Blog (wordpress.com)

User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 18:00
Sorry to hear this Stew, fingers crossed the radium does it's job.. No mention of lutetium trials or parp inhibitors?
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 18:00
Sorry to hear this Stew, fingers crossed the radium does it's job.. No mention of lutetium trials or parp inhibitors?
User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 18:10

No, neither of those.

🤷‍♂️

User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 23:24

Push for a psma pet scan using gallium 68, to see if you've the psma markers on your cancer. If so, the lutetium 177 treatment looks like a great targeted treatment.

You might also request genetic testing to see if you have the gene mutation that would allow Olaparib to work.

Good luck!