I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Viridal Shortage?

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 11:05

Hi All my chemist seems to be having problems supplying Viridal Duo Starter Packs 40mcg, this has been going on for a while now. I contacted Advanz Pharma the supplier but was told they can only speak with medical people!

Has anyone else had problems obtaining, and if so is there a better alternative I can try.

Many thanks

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 21:55
Have you tried Caverject (Alprostadil)? I'm using the French version (EDEX) which is freely available here and it works well for me. I know others have tried it unsuccessfully but have been OK with Invicorp but I believe that Alprostadil is the active ingredient in Viridal Duo.
User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 14:54

Hi all, 

Yes, same here in Sussex. I just went to get my prescription of Viridal 10mcg and was told it won’t be available until June! Eeek! 

I have 3 injections left, plus one we mixed a few weeks ago but didn’t use….we got interrupted just before I took the plunge!! :)…has anyone got any idea how long a mixed one will be safe/effective to use?? Desperate times! 

Like you Jedsee , I’m waiting for an urology appointment to be able to switch to Invicorp , hopefully we will both hear soon!! 

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 11:05

Hi All my chemist seems to be having problems supplying Viridal Duo Starter Packs 40mcg, this has been going on for a while now. I contacted Advanz Pharma the supplier but was told they can only speak with medical people!

Has anyone else had problems obtaining, and if so is there a better alternative I can try.

Many thanks

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 12:33

I don't have issues with supply. It is on my prescription, even though I am unable to use it as I have a phobia for needles!

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 19:25

Hi Barrysmith01,

Yes, I'm having issues with supply of Viridal Duo since last November (the 20mcg. dose, in my case).  I asked my G.P. to consider supplying Invicorp in the interim, but he declined to do so without a supporting letter from the E.D. Clinic at the hospital.  The said letter is reportedly on its way, but I've not received either of the medications yet.  I'm using the vacuum pump in the meantime, but it's just for penile rehabilitation.

Hope your supply issues are resolved soon.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 26 Mar 2024 at 15:59

Hi Roger, 

Funnily enough I’ve just been to pick up my Viridal prescription. All fine for 10mcg now it seems…last time my Gp intervened and managed to get me 20mcg, seemed like a real waste , and I felt bad just putting half of it down the sink, but hey ho. Hopefully the situation will improve for 40 too soon…keep trying! 

User
Posted 27 Mar 2024 at 08:06

Brings a whole new meaning to “Mr Muscle” 🤣

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 12:33

I don't have issues with supply. It is on my prescription, even though I am unable to use it as I have a phobia for needles!

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 19:25

Hi Barrysmith01,

Yes, I'm having issues with supply of Viridal Duo since last November (the 20mcg. dose, in my case).  I asked my G.P. to consider supplying Invicorp in the interim, but he declined to do so without a supporting letter from the E.D. Clinic at the hospital.  The said letter is reportedly on its way, but I've not received either of the medications yet.  I'm using the vacuum pump in the meantime, but it's just for penile rehabilitation.

Hope your supply issues are resolved soon.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 21:55
Have you tried Caverject (Alprostadil)? I'm using the French version (EDEX) which is freely available here and it works well for me. I know others have tried it unsuccessfully but have been OK with Invicorp but I believe that Alprostadil is the active ingredient in Viridal Duo.
User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 14:54

Hi all, 

Yes, same here in Sussex. I just went to get my prescription of Viridal 10mcg and was told it won’t be available until June! Eeek! 

I have 3 injections left, plus one we mixed a few weeks ago but didn’t use….we got interrupted just before I took the plunge!! :)…has anyone got any idea how long a mixed one will be safe/effective to use?? Desperate times! 

Like you Jedsee , I’m waiting for an urology appointment to be able to switch to Invicorp , hopefully we will both hear soon!! 

User
Posted 26 Mar 2024 at 14:19

Hi All, also here in sunny Kent are having massive issues in obtaining Viridal duo 40mcg my pharmacy all I get is that it's out of stock !!!! but they give no information when its going to be  back on line, not had too much success with Caverjet! the Viridal Duo is so easy to administer  - I have contacted  Advanz Pharma now 3 times leaving  messages to contact still not received a call back, as you say Dermot ping if the supply returns in June 2024 then that's what it is, although this is the 2nd time there has a been an interrupted supply since I started to use Viridal duo the 1st was a quality issue with the seal on the needle which lasted for 6 months 

Roll on June !!!!! 

User
Posted 26 Mar 2024 at 15:59

Hi Roger, 

Funnily enough I’ve just been to pick up my Viridal prescription. All fine for 10mcg now it seems…last time my Gp intervened and managed to get me 20mcg, seemed like a real waste , and I felt bad just putting half of it down the sink, but hey ho. Hopefully the situation will improve for 40 too soon…keep trying! 

User
Posted 26 Mar 2024 at 16:25

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Funnily enough I’ve just been to pick up my Viridal prescription. All fine for 10mcg now it seems…last time my Gp intervened and managed to get me 20mcg, seemed like a real waste , and I felt bad just putting half of it down the sink, but hey ho. 

I hope it didn't straighten out the U bend! 😄

Edited by member 26 Mar 2024 at 17:02  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 27 Mar 2024 at 08:06

Brings a whole new meaning to “Mr Muscle” 🤣

User
Posted 01 Apr 2024 at 18:18

I live near Chester in the North West and I also use a 40mg dose of viradal duo,  I found last Sept - Dec 23 my pharmacy had a shortage of 40mg so they got me 20mg but double the cartridges. 

As from Jan 24 I have had no problems getting the 40mg dose.