I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tamsulosin change helps sleep better

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 17:10

I've luckily been cancer clear for nearly six years now following radio therapy and hormone treatment and am reliant on Tamsulosin to help me wee especially a night where I can be waiting for nearly a minute for the urine to start to flow.  This obviously makes me more awake and makes it difficult to get back to sleep.  I was very nearly signed off by the urologist 5 months ago when I happened to mention this.  She said she'd ring me back in a few months to monitor it.  She's done this twice now and will continue to monitor the situation, offering a flow test and a scan when she phoned 2 weeks ago.  She also suggested that I try changing WHEN I take the Tamsulosin: from 8am to 8pm daily.  The change has been dramatic.  7 days out of 9 I have slept through without waking at all from turning off the light at11.30pm to being woken by the cat at 7am.  A full night of undisturbed sleep does wonders.

Have a think if you might benefit from a similar change.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2024 at 22:58
Cheers Jeeper, will give that a try .... at the moment I am generally up once (sometimes twice) a night, though I try to limit liquid intake after 8pm and also try not to drink tea/latte or fizzy drinks in the evening which also seems to help. I usually take my Tamsulosin (along with Solifinacen) during the morning post breakfast.
User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 10:50

Hi 

Let me know how you get on. It looks like we have a good amount in common.....

Cheers

jeeper