I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Very good news but a conundrum !

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 18:42

Well saw my consultant face to face for the first time in three years today .She had a big smile on her face  but was three quarters of an hour late seeing me . Hospital is undergoing expansion in several areas and its chaos. Parking is a nightmare as they have closed some of the patient visitor carparks including oncology without realising  it would cause a problem you really couldnt make it up !

.People have been missing their appointments because they cannot park fortunately my sister in law dropped us off .However I digress ...

All my scans are completely clear of cancer and I am possibly cured, wonderful news (read my profile to see my prostate cancer  history ) however I fall in the middle ground as far as treatment is concerned .If I  had been originally diagnosed as local or locally advanced they would stop treatment now but at the time they thought there might have been a few cancerous (they were not too sure at the time) illiac lymph nodes which put me in the advanced group and its possible there are some cancer cells lurking somewhere  too small to be picked up on the scans .Once off Enzalutimide they would not now be able to put me back on it if the cancer came back the conumdrum being how to  proceed now . They decided  to reduced the dose to two tablets not four a day and we will see how it goes .My consultant is lovely and so happy to be giving good news she said they dont want to overtreat me but Enzalutimide can sometimes change prostate cancer to the very nasty neuroendocrine cancer so they will moniter me closely for another year and review again then .I have received wonderful treatment from the oncology department  in Plymouth couldnt have been treated better if I had gone private I am so grateful to them .

Edited by moderator 09 Feb 2024 at 23:29  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 00:30

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
All my scans are completely clear of cancer and I am possibly cured, wonderful news 

Great news.

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 06:39

Fabulous news Librajc and I can understand why you are shouting about it🤣🤣🤣

Derek.

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 08:10

What a great post to read! Amazing news for you!

User
Posted 11 Feb 2024 at 16:42

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Well saw my consultant face to face for the first time in three years today .She had a big smile on her face  but was three quarters of an hour late seeing me . Hospital is undergoing expansion in several areas and its chaos. Parking is a nightmare as they have closed some of the patient visitor carparks including oncology without realising  it would cause a problem you really couldnt make it up !

.People have been missing their appointments because they cannot park fortunately my sister in law dropped us off .However I digress ...

All my scans are completely clear of cancer and I am possibly cured, wonderful news (read my profile to see my prostate cancer  history ) however I fall in the middle ground as far as treatment is concerned .If I  had been originally diagnosed as local or locally advanced they would stop treatment now but at the time they thought there might have been a few cancerous (they were not too sure at the time) illiac lymph nodes which put me in the advanced group and its possible there are some cancer cells lurking somewhere  too small to be picked up on the scans .Once off Enzalutimide they would not now be able to put me back on it if the cancer came back the conumdrum being how to  proceed now . They decided  to reduced the dose to two tablets not four a day and we will see how it goes .My consultant is lovely and so happy to be giving good news she said they dont want to overtreat me but Enzalutimide can sometimes change prostate cancer to the very nasty neuroendocrine cancer so they will moniter me closely for another year and review again then .I have received wonderful treatment from the oncology department  in Plymouth couldnt have been treated better if I had gone private I am so grateful to them .

[/quote

Tremendous