I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Three Months Post RARP

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 15:18

First the good news.  My three monthly PSA is <0.01 which the Urologist says is considered undetectable.  He said that is excellent news, however, they will want to recheck every three months for now since the cancer can decide to make a reappearance.

Now the weird stuff. 

He asked me to drop my shorts and depends so he could have a looks see and I promptly wee'd on the floor and couldn't stop it.  He said that at this time he considers my use of 7 or 8 pairs of depends per day is excessive.  He was also very concerned about the pains I am still having.  If this is too much information, sorry, but here goes.  The pain in the rectum was present prior to the biopsy, but when the probe was inserted and during the procedure the pain was quite bad and hasn't ever really subsided.  When sitting, the bones on either side of the same area are really tender and I cannot sit on a hard chair.  I feel like I have a urinary tract infection (UTI) all along the urethra, and when sitting and peeing, my testicles hurt a lot.  The urologist was unhappy with me for not reporting this to him earlier and was highly suspicious of a UTI.  So, I had to give a urine sample for analysis.  There was no sign of a UTI, but he wants me and I am taking antibiotics because the infection could be somewhere that won't show in the urine.  After 4 days of antibiotics I can't tell any difference.  As far as the urine sample, the only concern I had was the RBC count which should be somewhere less than 5 was actually 182 RBCs/HPF.  Nothing on that yet.  He referred me to a pelvic floor therapist to make sure I am doing Kegels correctly and other things that might help.  He says I am an outlier and this is not normal.  I must admit to being concerned, and I am a natural worrier and with OCD, my mind races round thoughts of Penile cancer, urethral and bladder cancer and other things bad.  I am glad to have you all to talk to.

Richard

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 19:11

Richard, I and a few others on here had an issue with migration of hem o lok clips into the bladder and or urethra. I did not get any pain with them but I did get smelly urine. 

Have they mentioned having a cystoscopy to check the water works out 

Hope you get sorted.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 19:59

Hi Richard.

Your undetectable PSA is brilliant.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with incontinence and other issues. I hope the antibiotics kick in and make life easier for you.

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 20:48

Richard

I hope things get sorted for you. Please make sure you keep up with the 3 monthly PSA tests. I am getting on for 4 years since my RP and I slipped a bit with my tests ( idiot !! but lots going on in my life) and my PSA has now risen and I am back at oncology. Incontinence  was a real problem for me at first but it does get better so I am sure it will improve for you. Good luck.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 19:11

Richard, I and a few others on here had an issue with migration of hem o lok clips into the bladder and or urethra. I did not get any pain with them but I did get smelly urine. 

Have they mentioned having a cystoscopy to check the water works out 

Hope you get sorted.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 19:59

Hi Richard.

Your undetectable PSA is brilliant.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with incontinence and other issues. I hope the antibiotics kick in and make life easier for you.

User
Posted 10 Feb 2024 at 20:48

Richard

I hope things get sorted for you. Please make sure you keep up with the 3 monthly PSA tests. I am getting on for 4 years since my RP and I slipped a bit with my tests ( idiot !! but lots going on in my life) and my PSA has now risen and I am back at oncology. Incontinence  was a real problem for me at first but it does get better so I am sure it will improve for you. Good luck.