I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Penis Implant?

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 13:44

Hi chaps this is a post I didn't expect to be writing 18 months ago!!

Since my non-nerve-sparing RARP in July 2023 I have posted about my terrible physical reaction to the Vitaros cream.....basically that means injections are not on the cards for me now since the consultant is worried about priapism (as would I be!!).

The awesome nurses have started mentioning talking to a surgeon about penis implants since the ED is really really really getting me down. They have stressed it is certainly not a minor surgery procedure and to be honest the descriptions of the process make my eyes water. 

Can anybody give me a real-life no-holds-barred idea of what the process is like and if it is indeed actually worth it? If there is anywhere somebody can do that it must be on here!!!

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 10:17

A year ago I was pottering along at 50 years old but had a prostate biopsy appointment in ten days' time......fast forward a year and I am over the moon at having felt wood again. Life is pretty insane isn't it? Talk about being thankful for each day!!!!!

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 21:30

TrentEnder....insist on invicorp injections.  Many a man on here was in agony because of caverjet etc.  Invicorp has proven time and time again to be painless.

As for the implant,  it's alright.  But if I could have injected invicorp as often as I wanted, I'd have stuck with that.

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 19:30

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Apparently there is an 'antidote' to the dreadful effects if it goes wrong but it is only available in A&E so I should have the last appointment in the clinic in case I need an A&E trip (now that would be an embarrassing A&E visit!!)

We have been in that situation - 2am with an erection that had lasted more than 4 hours. J had tried cold showers, frozen peas, walking up & down the stairs, a walk round the block ... nothing was moving it at all so off we went. Fortunately for us, our ED nurse gives men a letter to take to A&E with them in this situation - it explains the medication and what needs to be done so all we had to do was hand the letter over to the receptionist on arrival. Did she have a little smirk to herself - yes, John swears she did but at least we didn't have to start trying to explain while everyone else in the waiting room listens in! The letter stated that A&E staff need to call for the on call urologist - we had to wait at least an hour for him to come in from home (no sleep for the wicked) and when he arrived, the erection was still solid so he advised that they would be inserting a long needle to draw some blood off. The shock factor seems to have had the desired effect as the erection started to ease and, in the end, no treatment was necessary. They did write in J's medical notes that he must not be prescribed the injections in future but our lovely urologist took a different view and gave J a private prescription for the antidote in case it ever happened again. 

What came out of it in our house was that J will not use the injections or tablets in the evening - the thought of another night time trip is too much. As a result, all of our sex is in the afternoons! 

More recently, I have seen on here that Sudofed can help if an erection is going on for too long. That may be true but I hope all men are aware that a priapism (prolonged erection over 4 hours) is a medical emergency which can cause permanent damage so they must go to A&E.

In that context, I am so pleased that your ED team are on the ball and thinking about what they can do to best support you. Fingers crossed for you that Invicorp is the answer! 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 13:11

Just had a phone call telling me I have an appointment to learn how to do the Invicorp injection at 4.30 tomorrow afternoon!!!!

Have to say the thought of it isn't fun but I am hoping the end justifies the means. So many men on here are Ok with doing  it I am sure I will be!!

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 11:34

Hehehehehe I could have celebrated my injection erection with a gross indecency charge!! 😬

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 17:45

Thank you chaps....I have read the Ulsterman threads and it did rather chill me a bit. I was hoping there might be some other accounts but it does seem to be a rare procedure.

I am hitting a wall with the consultants - they really do not want me to have either injection after the cream incident. My nurse has asked three consultants in the hospital group and they all said the same thing (a solid no). This is why they have started talking about an implant........the injections just won't be happening from their end.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 18:40

If all else fails you may like to consider a medical grade VED (pump), Somaerect (NHS prescribed). It requires patience and determination but it is not a bad choice. I have been using this method for over 12 years. Think about it! You can private message me if you like.

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 19:33

Trentender, I can understand the point blank no if you have had a bad reaction to the alprostadil ingredient. Do they even do the implants at our hospital? 

Have you had any success with a pump?

Has anyone tried the eroxon gel, it doesn't seem to contain alprostadil.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 21:44

Colwick Chris,

In answer to your query about the Erexon Cream, yes, I've tried it.  It was absolutely useless (for me anyway).  When I read the ingredients, I wasn't surprised it hadn't worked.  It seems that the active ingredient is alcohol!  It looks very similar to the alcohol gels that we all became familiar with due to Covid (and which costs 50p at Aldi).  The theory is that the cooling and warming action of the cream generates an erection. Not in my case.

However, I bought it on Amazon and there were some positive reviews on there, so it must be me...(?). 

I suppose it's worth a try if you've tried everything else.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 09:31

Thank you for so many helpful and supportive replies chaps I really appreciate it.

Basically, I took your advice and went back to explain the effect ED is having on my mind and my wariness of an implant (after reading the Ulsterman account). The lovely nurses have agreed that I can have an Invicorp injection trial at the clinic!!!!!! Apparently there is an 'antidote' to the dreadful effects if it goes wrong but it is only available in A&E so I should have the last appointment in the clinic in case I need an A&E trip (now that would be an embarrassing A&E visit!!)

So I now just wait for a clinic appointment. 

Thank you so much!!!!

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 10:12

Great news mate.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

I can remember the first time I tried Invicorp. During the previous 6 months there had been no action down below. Completely dead as a Dodo. I'd had a supervised Caverject injection at the ED clinic but it hadn't worked. Invicorp was my last hope and it worked!

The joy of getting a stiffy again was beyond words. 

After sex, much to my wife's horror, to celebrate, I opened the bedroom window and let out a huge Tarzan call. It was only 1030 am. You should have seen the look on the face of the next door neighbour who was out cutting his grass. 

I hope your first injection erection will bring you as much joy. As it will be in clinic you'll have to a much more muted celebration. 

Edited by member 08 Mar 2024 at 14:17  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 10:49

Hehehehehehe thank you Adrian56!! After 7 months of absolutely no stirring at all down there unless accompanied by agonising pain I am hoping it goes well.

Let's hope I will be Tarzan-ing in the near future!!! 

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 23:54
I was told to use sudofed by my urologist 7 years ago, that and walking up and down stairs at the same time. I used to take sudofed and the walk after an hour (never needed an erection for longer!) regardless.

Always worked and I never got a blocked nose!

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 09:45

Morning chaps sorry for the delay....by the time I had been at the hospital for 45 minutes to check I didn't need A&E then driven home (we live in the wilds of North Devon!) I had to rush off to play a skittles match (I know how old that sounds!!!)

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!! A decent erection and no pain (apart from the needle insertion part of course!) Wow!!!! Wow again!!! The only downside was that once I had stayed to make sure I was OK then drove half an hour home it was receding so I could not have a Tarzan moment but at least now once the doc prescribes for me then a Tarzan moment is on the cards!!!

Thank you all so much for so much help and support and humour. I know we all know how much this forum means to us but I just wanted to say.....

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 14:18

.... amongst thornamental shrubbery. 😁

You have to be careful of the pricks.....

{sorry}

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 14:31

Great news Trentender, onwards and upwards!

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 10:47

Indeed - thank you. I wonder how many injection erections the NHS will decide to provide me with? 

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 17:26

That has certainly cheered up my Friday afternoon 🀣🀣🀣🀣

User
Posted 11 Mar 2024 at 18:07

Prior to my RALP 18 months ago I was on the short list for an implant, so the surgeon decided to remove all the nerves. After reading Ulsterman's experience I decided against it. I had tried VED before but find the ring uncomfortable around the urethra. Tried tablets nothing worked and injections which were hit and miss. I've recently decided to try Viridal duo injections again under supervision, which partly worked but was painful afterwards. Urologist recommended increasing the amount, however, when I tried on my own at home, nothing, but will persevere. I did ask for Invicorp instead of Viridal duo but he said there wasn't any difference not sure if that is the case. Certainly some chaps on here have said there is little or no pain after using Invicorp. I'm 66 and probably couldn't deal with 5 injections a week , more like one a month!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 14:05

Hi again.

I've only been here a few months but Ulsterman is the only bloke I know brave enough to try it.

On your  previous thread  he didn't seem too impressed with his implant and recommended you try Invicorp first. Which works okay for me, not perfect but not too bad.

Edited by member 22 Feb 2024 at 14:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 17:27
Yes, Ulsterman is the man and yes he didn't seem that impressed with his inflatable penis. I understand that there are a couple of alternatives to choose from.

With invicorp or caverject, the first injection is performed with the ED nurses who start with the smallest of doses specifically to monitor for pripism. You increase the dose slowly until you get the rigidity/duration that you want.

The alternative would be a VED (vacuum pump) and cock rings which work for many.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 17:45

Thank you chaps....I have read the Ulsterman threads and it did rather chill me a bit. I was hoping there might be some other accounts but it does seem to be a rare procedure.

I am hitting a wall with the consultants - they really do not want me to have either injection after the cream incident. My nurse has asked three consultants in the hospital group and they all said the same thing (a solid no). This is why they have started talking about an implant........the injections just won't be happening from their end.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 18:40

If all else fails you may like to consider a medical grade VED (pump), Somaerect (NHS prescribed). It requires patience and determination but it is not a bad choice. I have been using this method for over 12 years. Think about it! You can private message me if you like.

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 19:33

Trentender, I can understand the point blank no if you have had a bad reaction to the alprostadil ingredient. Do they even do the implants at our hospital? 

Have you had any success with a pump?

Has anyone tried the eroxon gel, it doesn't seem to contain alprostadil.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 21:30

TrentEnder....insist on invicorp injections.  Many a man on here was in agony because of caverjet etc.  Invicorp has proven time and time again to be painless.

As for the implant,  it's alright.  But if I could have injected invicorp as often as I wanted, I'd have stuck with that.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2024 at 21:44

Colwick Chris,

In answer to your query about the Erexon Cream, yes, I've tried it.  It was absolutely useless (for me anyway).  When I read the ingredients, I wasn't surprised it hadn't worked.  It seems that the active ingredient is alcohol!  It looks very similar to the alcohol gels that we all became familiar with due to Covid (and which costs 50p at Aldi).  The theory is that the cooling and warming action of the cream generates an erection. Not in my case.

However, I bought it on Amazon and there were some positive reviews on there, so it must be me...(?). 

I suppose it's worth a try if you've tried everything else.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 09:31

Thank you for so many helpful and supportive replies chaps I really appreciate it.

Basically, I took your advice and went back to explain the effect ED is having on my mind and my wariness of an implant (after reading the Ulsterman account). The lovely nurses have agreed that I can have an Invicorp injection trial at the clinic!!!!!! Apparently there is an 'antidote' to the dreadful effects if it goes wrong but it is only available in A&E so I should have the last appointment in the clinic in case I need an A&E trip (now that would be an embarrassing A&E visit!!)

So I now just wait for a clinic appointment. 

Thank you so much!!!!

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 10:12

Great news mate.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

I can remember the first time I tried Invicorp. During the previous 6 months there had been no action down below. Completely dead as a Dodo. I'd had a supervised Caverject injection at the ED clinic but it hadn't worked. Invicorp was my last hope and it worked!

The joy of getting a stiffy again was beyond words. 

After sex, much to my wife's horror, to celebrate, I opened the bedroom window and let out a huge Tarzan call. It was only 1030 am. You should have seen the look on the face of the next door neighbour who was out cutting his grass. 

I hope your first injection erection will bring you as much joy. As it will be in clinic you'll have to a much more muted celebration. 

Edited by member 08 Mar 2024 at 14:17  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 10:49

Hehehehehehe thank you Adrian56!! After 7 months of absolutely no stirring at all down there unless accompanied by agonising pain I am hoping it goes well.

Let's hope I will be Tarzan-ing in the near future!!! 

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 19:30

Apparently there is an 'antidote' to the dreadful effects if it goes wrong but it is only available in A&E so I should have the last appointment in the clinic in case I need an A&E trip (now that would be an embarrassing A&E visit!!)

We have been in that situation - 2am with an erection that had lasted more than 4 hours. J had tried cold showers, frozen peas, walking up & down the stairs, a walk round the block ... nothing was moving it at all so off we went. Fortunately for us, our ED nurse gives men a letter to take to A&E with them in this situation - it explains the medication and what needs to be done so all we had to do was hand the letter over to the receptionist on arrival. Did she have a little smirk to herself - yes, John swears she did but at least we didn't have to start trying to explain while everyone else in the waiting room listens in! The letter stated that A&E staff need to call for the on call urologist - we had to wait at least an hour for him to come in from home (no sleep for the wicked) and when he arrived, the erection was still solid so he advised that they would be inserting a long needle to draw some blood off. The shock factor seems to have had the desired effect as the erection started to ease and, in the end, no treatment was necessary. They did write in J's medical notes that he must not be prescribed the injections in future but our lovely urologist took a different view and gave J a private prescription for the antidote in case it ever happened again. 

What came out of it in our house was that J will not use the injections or tablets in the evening - the thought of another night time trip is too much. As a result, all of our sex is in the afternoons! 

More recently, I have seen on here that Sudofed can help if an erection is going on for too long. That may be true but I hope all men are aware that a priapism (prolonged erection over 4 hours) is a medical emergency which can cause permanent damage so they must go to A&E.

In that context, I am so pleased that your ED team are on the ball and thinking about what they can do to best support you. Fingers crossed for you that Invicorp is the answer! 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 23:54
I was told to use sudofed by my urologist 7 years ago, that and walking up and down stairs at the same time. I used to take sudofed and the walk after an hour (never needed an erection for longer!) regardless.

Always worked and I never got a blocked nose!

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 11:39

That sounds exactly the trip to A&E I have been dreading....I shall touch wood (get it?) that I can avoid that.

I absolutely empathise and sympathise with J though. It was so extraordinarily painful I would have probably take a needle in the old man to get rid of it!!

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 12:35

Lyn makes a good point here.

I had a similar experience and found that using an injection late in the evening left me with an uncomfortable post-fun lob-on for a couple of hours, luckily a long cold shower would ease it off. I've never had a problem during the daytime though, which is odd.

Good luck. 

Kev.

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 12:44

Hmmmmm not sure work would appreciate me having regular afternoon sex sessions.....or would it be a reasonable adjustment to ask for maybe???? 🀣 but fair enough I get that a night-time painful long-lived erection would be grim.

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 14:04

I've never had a problem during the daytime though, which is odd.

I"ve had daytime problems injecting Invicorp.

"You're not going to the pub in 'that state!" She yells.

Edited by member 01 Mar 2024 at 15:06  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 16:56

I've never had a problem during the daytime though, which is odd.

I"ve had daytime problems injecting Invicorp.

"You're not going to the pub in 'that state!" She yells.

What goes on in spoons, stays in spoons. 

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 17:42

What goes on in spoons, stays in spoons. 

πŸ˜‚ Very good Kev. 🀣

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 18:12

I currently dream of having that problem!!! πŸ˜‚

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 13:11

Just had a phone call telling me I have an appointment to learn how to do the Invicorp injection at 4.30 tomorrow afternoon!!!!

Have to say the thought of it isn't fun but I am hoping the end justifies the means. So many men on here are Ok with doing  it I am sure I will be!!

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 16:53

Good luck mate. It's one occasion, I hope you fill your pants!

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 17:23

Hopefully it's the way forward. 

Good luck. 

Kev.

User
Posted 06 Mar 2024 at 18:50

Hope it went well.

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 09:14
He might just be waiting for it to subside before he reports back :)
User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 09:33

He might just be waiting for it to subside before he reports back :)

I fear, in this case, no news may mean not good news. Let's hope not.

Edited by member 07 Mar 2024 at 09:35  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 09:45

Morning chaps sorry for the delay....by the time I had been at the hospital for 45 minutes to check I didn't need A&E then driven home (we live in the wilds of North Devon!) I had to rush off to play a skittles match (I know how old that sounds!!!)

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!! A decent erection and no pain (apart from the needle insertion part of course!) Wow!!!! Wow again!!! The only downside was that once I had stayed to make sure I was OK then drove half an hour home it was receding so I could not have a Tarzan moment but at least now once the doc prescribes for me then a Tarzan moment is on the cards!!!

Thank you all so much for so much help and support and humour. I know we all know how much this forum means to us but I just wanted to say.....

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 10:09

"Houston calling. We have lift off!"

Brilliant news mate. It's made my day. Thumbs  (and everything else up) πŸ‘

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 10:17

A year ago I was pottering along at 50 years old but had a prostate biopsy appointment in ten days' time......fast forward a year and I am over the moon at having felt wood again. Life is pretty insane isn't it? Talk about being thankful for each day!!!!!

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 11:31

Brilliant news!

Shame you didn't find a lay-by on the way home though. 

Kev.

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 11:34

Hehehehehe I could have celebrated my injection erection with a gross indecency charge!! 😬

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 13:41

Brilliant news!

Shame you didn't find a lay-by on the way home though.

πŸ˜‚ I thought exactly the same Kev, but didn't have the guts to post it. πŸ˜‚

I remember when I had a supervised Caverject injection at the ED clinic. Me and my wife were told to walk around the hospital gardens for half an hour to see if anything 'popped up". I suppose I was lucky it didn't work. It had been months since we'd had sex. I'm sure that had it been successful I would have had to ravage her, out of sight, amongst the ornamental shrubbery. 😁

Edited by member 07 Mar 2024 at 14:27  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 14:18

.... amongst thornamental shrubbery. 😁

You have to be careful of the pricks.....

{sorry}

User
Posted 07 Mar 2024 at 14:31

Great news Trentender, onwards and upwards!

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 10:47

Indeed - thank you. I wonder how many injection erections the NHS will decide to provide me with? 

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 11:12

They've prescribed me 5 a month. They obviously don't realise what a sex machine I am. 😏

I think to buy privately they are about 100 quid for 5 but I believe they cost the NHS less than half of that.

A tenner a go, worth every penny to me. Not so sure the wife thinks its value for money. πŸ˜„

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 11:20

5 a month? Hmmmmm that does seem a little paltry!! 

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 11:45

My gp prescribed me 2 packs of 5 per month.  If you don't ask, you don't get.

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 11:55

That is good to know!!! I will ask for loads and see how many I get!!

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 12:53

I remember when I saw my ED nurse, who was a real character, she told me she had been in a meeting with a ‘senior’ consultant who was saying that at our age does sex really matter for PCa patients?. He noticed her looking daggers at him, so after the meeting he asked if something was bothering her. Bravely, she ‘Yes, do you still like to have sex?’ Whereupon he sheepishly replied ‘Yes, point taken….suitably chastised!’

Twice a week WAS fine for my wife and I, but now it’s more like twice a month😟 With zero libido it takes quite an effort to build up a head of steam!

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 13:02

Hehehehehehe well done the ED nurse!!! Being 51, not on hormone treatment and with an OH who is 35 I am keen to make the most of what libido I have before it is snatched away!!!

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 13:38

5 a month? Hmmmmm that does seem a little paltry!! 

You're sixteen years younger than me.  I'm getting to to stage where I'd prefer a cup of tea and a biscuit. 😁

This forum's been an eye opener to me. I'm surprised to see so many old boys, 70-80 years, are still so frisky. I'm putting my lethargy down to sexual burnout, having too much of a good thing and filling my boots when I was younger. 

On five a month, I've started stockpiling. I've got so much Invicorp in the fridge, it's stopped the celery from wilting and the butter is too hard to spread. But, when I stick my head in the fridge and find there's no beers left, it helps me keep a stiff upper lip.

Edited by member 08 Mar 2024 at 14:58  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 08 Mar 2024 at 17:26

That has certainly cheered up my Friday afternoon 🀣🀣🀣🀣

User
Posted 11 Mar 2024 at 18:07

Prior to my RALP 18 months ago I was on the short list for an implant, so the surgeon decided to remove all the nerves. After reading Ulsterman's experience I decided against it. I had tried VED before but find the ring uncomfortable around the urethra. Tried tablets nothing worked and injections which were hit and miss. I've recently decided to try Viridal duo injections again under supervision, which partly worked but was painful afterwards. Urologist recommended increasing the amount, however, when I tried on my own at home, nothing, but will persevere. I did ask for Invicorp instead of Viridal duo but he said there wasn't any difference not sure if that is the case. Certainly some chaps on here have said there is little or no pain after using Invicorp. I'm 66 and probably couldn't deal with 5 injections a week , more like one a month!

User
Posted 11 Mar 2024 at 21:06

Hi JDJH,

I've found Viridal Duo (and Caverject, which is basically the same) to be hit-and-miss too.  It seems you have to inject in just the right spot, or you get no erection, but still get the discomfort afterwards!  I've tried Invicorp (bought privately) and, although I had no unpleasant side effects, I had no significant response either.  I am only prescribed one Viridal Duo per week, although I asked for at least 2 - but you're right, because of the palaver of injecting and the (sometimes) unpleasant side effects, I probably wouldn't have used the extra doses anyway.    I'm not in a relationship at present, so, for penile rehabilitation and solo masturbation, the pump is just as effective.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Best wishes,

JedSee.