I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

SomaErect and airport security

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 19:35

I'll be travelling to USA on Friday, away for a week so I presumably ought to take my SomaErect device to carry on with rehabilitation exercises.

Just wondering if anyone has taken one through airport security in hand baggage, and if so whether it's caused problems with the security staff.

Alternatively will it matter if I forego its pleasures for a week or so? 

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 23:17

Hi,

I do it all the time, I take my pump with me in hand luggage and never been stopped…until last Sunday at Edinburgh airport. Oh! Oh! I thought this is it, the moment I’ve been waiting for.

’Can I open your bag sir?’
’Yes of course’….big smile😊😊😊😊
’Theres something showing in the corner that I need to examine’
Whereupon she removed my metal drinks measures that I had taken with me because everyone complains that I am too generous with my gin measures!
When I explained she had a wee chuckle, zipped up the bag and wasn’t interested in my Somaerect bag.

I do however have a line ready if asked what this is?

’Its a medical correction device…I could demonstrate to you but if I did I might get arrested’😱

You’ve got to see the funny side🤣🤣🤣🤣 So just go for it and happy pumping!

Derek

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 23:17

Hello mate 

I've done a lot of research on pumps. It appears that they do improve penile rehabilitation but to what degree is very inconclusive.

If you're only using it for exercise purposes, I doubt that missing a week's training would make any difference.

However psychologically you might feel better if you kept up the exercise regime.

I doubt airport security would be a problem. You'd need a bloody huge pump to blow up a plane.🙂

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 07:17

I’ve taken mine away twice: first time I put it in hold luggage and on arrival at the hotel found my case had been searched with the bag containing the pump being unzipped - they will have been more embarrassed then me; on second occasion took it in hand luggage and sailed through security.

From other posts, most take the pump in hand luggage. I do like Decho’s thought of demonstrating what the pump is for if challenged! 

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 07:53
Having been through the prostate cancer mill reduces one's sensitivity and embarrassment about such personal matters, but I think I'd draw the line at demonstrating pump usage in Heathrow Terminal 5!
User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 08:14

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I think I'd draw the line at demonstrating pump usage in Heathrow Terminal 5!

However, there's a good chance you'd win 250 quid on You've Been Framed. 😁

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 08:20

Which will be more than offset by the fine! 

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 08:35

Having been through the prostate cancer mill reduces one's sensitivity and embarrassment about such personal matters!

Absolutely! We men don’t like to talk about matters ‘down below’ but PCa certainly changes that. I was lucky enough to attend a 6 week course at Maggies called ‘Living with PCa’…one of the weeks was about ED, the course was run by an ex Urology CNS (female), and it was amazing just to see how open men were about intimate matters. And we had a a good few laughs, especially when discussing my (mis)use of the Pump🤣🤣🤣

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 08:53

And we had a a good few laughs, especially when discussing my (mis)use of the Pump🤣🤣🤣

When you didn't realise, that you had to remove the pump prior to intercourse?

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 11:18

With the SomaErect not being cheap, I'd take it in my hand baggage. I think Airport security staff have seen all sorts so they wouldn't bat an eye.

Having said that, I usually leave it at home and take my cheap lovehoney one in the hold case. 

Cheers,

Kev.

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 11:04
I think there are plenty of ladies that go through airport security with battery operated devices so I can't see it as being a problem (unless they ask for it to be switched on which they used to do with laptops LOL)
User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 11:16
Anyway, it turns out I haven't got room for it in my hand baggage, and I'm not checking any bags in, so that's that!
User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 11:47

That's fair enough, not using the pump for a week isn't going to hinder your recovery. 

Enjoy your trip. 

Kev.

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 13:11

And we had a a good few laughs, especially when discussing my (mis)use of the Pump🤣🤣🤣

When you didn't realise, that you had to remove the pump prior to intercourse?

Unfortunately intercourse with zero libido is not much fun so it has to be outercourse for me until the old Testo comes back.

No…the laugh was about sizing…it really DOES matter when you’re choosing a cylinder size! So who on here is boasting they need the XL?😉😉