I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Status Update

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 16:03

So,after the < 0.01 PSA, I am very happy, of course, now waiting for the next one.  I am seeing a Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist.  Wish I could have been referred sooner.  I am actually seeing some improvement in the incontinence area.  It was odd because the changes are subtle,and then you realize you walked to the bathroom and still need to go instead of needing to change the depends.  As my therapist said, its like potty training for adults, the same things apply as they do for kids.  I went and had a cystoscopy and watched the video feed.  Everything looked good although I must admit to not really understanding most of it.  No signs of infection or irritations so one less thing to worry about.  I got to watch the sphincter as I did some Kegels.  The Dr said it looked really good and was closing properly.  I though it reminded me of a axolotle, going from open to a smiley face when closed.  Slowly, the UTI feeling is going away, of course, some came back after the procedure but I expected that.  Like a lot of brits, not circumcised, and I think because of the urine in the depends, the skin on the outside of the foreskin has a tendency to get cracked from being damp a lot and boy does that sting.  The Dr also noted what I had seen that the foreskin was reattaching to the head of the penis, but he just noted it and didn't say whether it was normal or not.  The problem with it is the VED causes it to tear some when using it.

Overall, pleased with the progress, slower than I would like, but very grateful when reading some of the other stories here.  Good to have you all here too be with.

Richard

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 19:57

I would ask for a urology appointment about the penis/foreskin. Things can easily go wrong there causing phimosis, loss of elasticity, and the need for circumcision, so you want to get this sorted before things go beyond the point of no return, which happens faster than you might think.

Irritation (possibly from the urine) and healing can cause tissues to fuse. There may be some type of bandage/gauze you can use to enable healing without tissue fusion. Maybe a barrier cream can be used to protect the skin from urine? Definitely something to ask your urologist the best way to manage it.

Good pads try to draw moisture away from the skin, and if there's been any leakage even though they still seem dry, change daily.

Edited by member 02 Mar 2024 at 19:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 16:03

So,after the < 0.01 PSA, I am very happy, of course, now waiting for the next one.  I am seeing a Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist.  Wish I could have been referred sooner.  I am actually seeing some improvement in the incontinence area.  It was odd because the changes are subtle,and then you realize you walked to the bathroom and still need to go instead of needing to change the depends.  As my therapist said, its like potty training for adults, the same things apply as they do for kids.  I went and had a cystoscopy and watched the video feed.  Everything looked good although I must admit to not really understanding most of it.  No signs of infection or irritations so one less thing to worry about.  I got to watch the sphincter as I did some Kegels.  The Dr said it looked really good and was closing properly.  I though it reminded me of a axolotle, going from open to a smiley face when closed.  Slowly, the UTI feeling is going away, of course, some came back after the procedure but I expected that.  Like a lot of brits, not circumcised, and I think because of the urine in the depends, the skin on the outside of the foreskin has a tendency to get cracked from being damp a lot and boy does that sting.  The Dr also noted what I had seen that the foreskin was reattaching to the head of the penis, but he just noted it and didn't say whether it was normal or not.  The problem with it is the VED causes it to tear some when using it.

Overall, pleased with the progress, slower than I would like, but very grateful when reading some of the other stories here.  Good to have you all here too be with.

Richard

User
Posted 03 Mar 2024 at 17:02

Andy,  

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering because the Urologist didn't seem particularly concerned.  I have always had tissue cracking issues, but it is worse with the pads and I was wondering if the urine was causing irritation.  The problem with the reattachment is that when you use the VED, unless I am very careful, it rips areas of it apart which again with the urine is very painful.  I will ask again about it.

Richard

User
Posted 03 Mar 2024 at 20:42

You can get a medical barrier cream (from a chemist) which protects skin from urine. I would think this would be OK to use on the outside of the penis (check instructions of course), but I've no idea if they're safe to use on the glans and under the foreskin. I would hope a urologist could advise. Urologists do tend to think nothing of doing a circumcision, whereas the owner might not be quite so keen to be losing those body parts.

Cracking issues cause scarring and loss of elasticity, and may make things worse. Sometimes steroid creams are used to help with that - again you want to talk with a urologist, although many GPs will handle this issue too.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 19:57

I would ask for a urology appointment about the penis/foreskin. Things can easily go wrong there causing phimosis, loss of elasticity, and the need for circumcision, so you want to get this sorted before things go beyond the point of no return, which happens faster than you might think.

Irritation (possibly from the urine) and healing can cause tissues to fuse. There may be some type of bandage/gauze you can use to enable healing without tissue fusion. Maybe a barrier cream can be used to protect the skin from urine? Definitely something to ask your urologist the best way to manage it.

Good pads try to draw moisture away from the skin, and if there's been any leakage even though they still seem dry, change daily.

Edited by member 02 Mar 2024 at 19:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Mar 2024 at 17:02

Andy,  

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering because the Urologist didn't seem particularly concerned.  I have always had tissue cracking issues, but it is worse with the pads and I was wondering if the urine was causing irritation.  The problem with the reattachment is that when you use the VED, unless I am very careful, it rips areas of it apart which again with the urine is very painful.  I will ask again about it.

Richard

User
Posted 03 Mar 2024 at 20:42

You can get a medical barrier cream (from a chemist) which protects skin from urine. I would think this would be OK to use on the outside of the penis (check instructions of course), but I've no idea if they're safe to use on the glans and under the foreskin. I would hope a urologist could advise. Urologists do tend to think nothing of doing a circumcision, whereas the owner might not be quite so keen to be losing those body parts.

Cracking issues cause scarring and loss of elasticity, and may make things worse. Sometimes steroid creams are used to help with that - again you want to talk with a urologist, although many GPs will handle this issue too.