Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood in Urine after sex

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 17:32

Hi

I was diagnosed with PCa in December 2021. As I had some spread to lymph nodes, I was given chemotherapy and pelvic radiation and hormone treatment for 18 months. We psa went to undetectable. I'm due another psa test this May. 

After bottoming today, I have noticed I am passing quite alot of blood in my urine. My partner was really hitting my prostate but I've never had this before, and now I'm really panicking that the cancer is still active. I can't get to my doctor until Monday so was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Thanks

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 19:38

I would not panic. Blood in urine/semen/rectum is quite common after radiotherapy, and can happen even years later. When tissues heal after radiotherapy, they tend to form lots of fine fragile blood vessels. These can easily break by themselves or when subject to movement.

It is necessary to mention it to your clinician to make sure it's not another cancer. It's unlikely to be due to cancer in the prostate, particularly if your PSA has remained stable (although measuring your PSA in the next 4-6 weeks is probably pointless).

Once cancer has been ruled out, you usually just have to ignore the bleeding if it continues.

Bleeding in the prostate usually causes blood in the very first bit of urine, and/or after the urine stream has finished, or when you're not peeing. Of course, if you still ejaculate anything, there may be blood in that too.

Edited by member 02 Mar 2024 at 19:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 23:55

Thanks for reply. I just panic when it involves blood. It has gone back to normal now. I'll still go to my gp Monday but hopefully  it's just a one off maybe