I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What are the options after Enzalutamide?

User
Posted 13 Mar 2024 at 14:37

My husband is 80 and has been on Enzalutamide for nearly three years.  His PSA is now beginning to creep up again - it's 2 today and was 1 just 3 months ago.  I know this is still low, but the oncologist said that the next option would be chemo, if my husband is fit enough.  He's now wondering if the side effects of chemo are worth it.  Is chemo the only option after Enzalutamide?      

User
Posted 13 Mar 2024 at 15:35

Hi 

I was on enza for around 18months before my PSA began to rise doubling around every 6 weeks another option before chemo could be olaparib but you will have to be gene tested for that unfortunately I wasn't eligible for it,I am now on my 4th round of chemo and not doing to bad,but I am some what younger at 54

I hope this helps regards Phil 

User
Posted 13 Mar 2024 at 16:19

Thank you, Phil.  Pleased to hear that the chemo is going OK for you.  I hadn't heard of Olaparib, so that will be something to discuss with the oncologist, if necessary.  Thanks again.  

User
Posted 17 Mar 2024 at 17:53
Enza wasn't working for me, PSA was going up towards three figures. Bone scan revealed mets in most of my core skeleton, and taken off enza and put on a course of 223Radium to try to control the bone cancer. Just had the first (of six) injections of it, so no idea yet if it will work.
User
Posted 18 Mar 2024 at 15:20
Thanks very much for your reply Stew. So sorry to hear that Enzalutamide didn't work for you, but hope that 223Radium will be more successful.
User
Posted 20 Mar 2024 at 16:53
What chemo drugs are used after enzalutamide failure?
User
Posted 20 Mar 2024 at 17:41
Docetaxel or, when that fails, they sometimes move to cabazitaxel
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Mar 2024 at 08:51

I'm on docetaxel at present and cabazitaxel has been mentioned for after but my oncologist sometimes dismisses future treatment as she only likes to talk about present treatment and the here and now moment.

Regards Phil