I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

There aren't many about when you need them!

User
Posted 15 Mar 2024 at 07:04

And I'm not talking about coppers.

Since the op I've become acutely aware of a shortage of public urinals. 

I also see there's been a campaign to provide bins in male toilets to dispose of pads.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66458778.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17104851306108&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Any tales of nearly being caught short?

Be as graphic as you want.😁

Edited by member 15 Mar 2024 at 10:19  | Reason: Add link

User
Posted 15 Mar 2024 at 11:17

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Since RARP I've many times had to pee in unusual places and in the early days even worse and had to squat behind a rock or in woods etc. Now I take my diagnosis letter when on holiday in case I'm ever arrested 

With urge and frequency problems post RARP flying is a nightmare. I dread that seat belt sign coming on. I always ask the flight attendants for warning just before. I go for a pee as soon as there's a slight need just in case. Once disaster struck. I waited till I had the slight urge and was about to get up when the lights and notification came on due to turbulence. Then the brain kicked in and the urge grow into a desperate need. I did well and held on until we got the all clear then I got up but had to get to the other end of the plane to the loo. To my horror as a made my way down the isle as fast as I could people were getting up ahead of me. When I got there there were a few in front of me. By now I'm literally holding myself. Made it to the loo but as I opened the door I could hold no longer and once it started there was no stopping it. As I got undressed it was still flowing. I was wet all down the front of my jeans to my knees. Fortunately dark modern style jeans didn't show it to badly and I tied my jumper around my waist. So, wet for the rest of the flight, baggage hall and taxi. Not a great start to the holiday. Now I make the staff aware and carry a toilet card but you can still get caught out.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 15 Mar 2024 at 12:03
Early days of my relationship with my wife, first time I really let my air down at a gig, lots of wine, lots of dancing, lots of PISS!

Fortunately my new girlfriend and her pal were to polite to notice... I didn't notice until the walk home made my legs cold!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 Mar 2024 at 11:17

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Since RARP I've many times had to pee in unusual places and in the early days even worse and had to squat behind a rock or in woods etc. Now I take my diagnosis letter when on holiday in case I'm ever arrested 

With urge and frequency problems post RARP flying is a nightmare. I dread that seat belt sign coming on. I always ask the flight attendants for warning just before. I go for a pee as soon as there's a slight need just in case. Once disaster struck. I waited till I had the slight urge and was about to get up when the lights and notification came on due to turbulence. Then the brain kicked in and the urge grow into a desperate need. I did well and held on until we got the all clear then I got up but had to get to the other end of the plane to the loo. To my horror as a made my way down the isle as fast as I could people were getting up ahead of me. When I got there there were a few in front of me. By now I'm literally holding myself. Made it to the loo but as I opened the door I could hold no longer and once it started there was no stopping it. As I got undressed it was still flowing. I was wet all down the front of my jeans to my knees. Fortunately dark modern style jeans didn't show it to badly and I tied my jumper around my waist. So, wet for the rest of the flight, baggage hall and taxi. Not a great start to the holiday. Now I make the staff aware and carry a toilet card but you can still get caught out.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 15 Mar 2024 at 11:59

By far the worst leakage I've had was the day they removed the catheter. I hate being in hospitals, it's almost like a phobia for me. They said I couldn't go home until I gave a urine sample. They gave me a litre jug of water, which to hopefully speed up urination,  I necked in one go. Nothing. I filled the jug up myself and necked another litre. I managed to have a small pee at they let me go.

It was when I got into the car that the flood gates opened. It was like the dambusters. It was the worse 30 minute car journey I ever been on. When we reached home it looked like someone had turned an hose on me.

I once got caught short in the pub and didn't quite make it to the urinal. I had quite a large damp patch. I was wildly gyrating my hips, Tom Jones like, under the hand blow dryer. trying to catch the heat. When a bloke came in and wondered what the hell I was doing.

Yesterday, I was getting the train home from the pub. I'd had quite a few pints. To my horror I discovered that both the toilets were out of order. God only knows how I managed to hold it back.  I was sat there, wiggling my feet like an Irish dancer, on speed. Fortunately it was only a 10 minute journey. When I got off, I had to jog back home, and just made it in time.

Edited by member 15 Mar 2024 at 12:01  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 15 Mar 2024 at 12:03
Early days of my relationship with my wife, first time I really let my air down at a gig, lots of wine, lots of dancing, lots of PISS!

Fortunately my new girlfriend and her pal were to polite to notice... I didn't notice until the walk home made my legs cold!