I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

reclast infusion and prolia

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 10:12

hi, is there anyone on here who are on reclast infusion or prolia, I am due to have my second reclast infusion on the 25th of this month dreading it as after my first infusion I was in a/e at 4am in the morning peeing blood, urinary trac infection put me on a drip and sent me home later that day with antibiotics. after I have finished reclast infusions they have got me down for prolia and that's even worse it has ruined people's lives, I am going to refuse it if I get through these reclast infusions unscathed, anyone in similar situations, cheers. 

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 20:26
Radar, I think you have been reading misinformation on Google. Thousands of men & women have Reclast (Zometa or zoledronc acid) without any problems at all - my dad has them and has never had any side effects. The main thing is that you should have any dental work done before starting on Zometa as it can cause overgrowth in the jaw bone but that is rare and applies to people having Zometa more often than you do.

I think the doctors told you that your urine infection was not caused by the infusion?

Prolia is also a well established treatment. If it had ruined people's lives, the NHS wouldn't be giving it to people.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 14:50
Lyn,thanks regarding urine infection, I have never had anything like that in my life, but as soon as I had the infusion it happened, to much of a coincidence, and regarding prolia urinary trac infection is one of the main side effects, as well as others, I have had my teeth sorted prior to my next upcoming infusion, cheers.