Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hip replacement after RT and during HT

User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 12:06

Hi All,

I just wondered if anyone has ever had a hip replacement within 6 months of finishing RT and while part way through HT??

Rob has been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in his right hip and would like to go ahead with surgery. We’re seeing an orthopaedic surgeon next week but thinking they might say it can’t happen while undergoing cancer treatment.

Any experience or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elaine

User
Posted 09 Apr 2024 at 00:14

Thanks Dave.

I spoke with CNS at Christie’s and they have no problem with him going ahead if required. We have the appointment Thursday so will see how it goes.

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 00:32

Hi I'm mainly posting to bump your post up. Though the hips will have been hit by a bit of RT I can not imagine that having any impact on surgery. HT does risk osteoporosis, whether that creates any risks for an operation on a bone I have no idea.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 00:32

Hi I'm mainly posting to bump your post up. Though the hips will have been hit by a bit of RT I can not imagine that having any impact on surgery. HT does risk osteoporosis, whether that creates any risks for an operation on a bone I have no idea.

Dave

User
Posted 09 Apr 2024 at 00:14

Thanks Dave.

I spoke with CNS at Christie’s and they have no problem with him going ahead if required. We have the appointment Thursday so will see how it goes.