Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Free unwanted pads

User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 13:41

Hi All

I slightly over ordered pull ups and absorbent pads for use after my RARP.     I was one of the lucky ones to suffer no incontinence issues since catheter removal over 3 weeks ago.   So I have 60 Tena medium pads, absorbent protector level 2 as well as 16 Tendercare Protect adult pull ups, size medium (28-47ins) with absorbency rating of 1600ml.   Amazon won't take this sort of product as a returns so it seems a pity for them to go to waste.    Happy to post to anyone or can collect from Burford, West Oxon.   If you don't want to put your home address on a posting,  just send me a private message or email at luceyvet@gmail.com   Can split the supplies if someone just wants the pads and someone wants the full pull ups.  

User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 16:17

Hi Harty 17/21L

No one else has come back to me wanting the surplus pads and I cannot reply to your message as I am a fairly recent member so cannot message any members back.     So just email me your address.   Don't worry about the postage cost.   I will not be much money and you can make a small donation to Prostate Cancer Uk instead. 

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 00:39

The pads have now gone to 2 members of the forum who both replied to me at about the same time.   Glad that they have found a use. 

Good luck to all in recovery. 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2024 at 09:39

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I cannot go on holidays or visit friends and relatives as I worry about wetting their beds!

My work involved traveling around and spending one or two nights away in hotels. Although 99 percent dry a few days after catheter removal, I still wore an insurance pad most of the time. Follow up treatments has meant I now need to wear a pad. 

At night in bed in the hotel I had a pad in my underwear a pair of incontinence pants over my underwear, I put one the incontinence bed pads in the bed and a towel on top of that. Never had a accident and it did away with the worry.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 01:39

Thanks Chris. Some of my friends are aware, but find the issues of ED and incontinence too embarrassing to talk about.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 14:41

Nice one, Mark. 👍

User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 16:17

Hi Harty 17/21L

No one else has come back to me wanting the surplus pads and I cannot reply to your message as I am a fairly recent member so cannot message any members back.     So just email me your address.   Don't worry about the postage cost.   I will not be much money and you can make a small donation to Prostate Cancer Uk instead. 

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 00:39

The pads have now gone to 2 members of the forum who both replied to me at about the same time.   Glad that they have found a use. 

Good luck to all in recovery. 

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 17:58

Thanks for doing this Mark. I am glad to see that the they have found a home. I still need one daily for night time incontinence, but felt there are others on here more deserving than I am. Thanks to the members on here, I now get my meds free on the NHS, I however still pay for my pads from Amazon, I am praying for the day to come when I will no longer need to wear incontinence pads at night!

I cannot go on holidays or visit friends and relatives as I worry about wetting their beds!

User
Posted 07 Apr 2024 at 09:39

My work involved traveling around and spending one or two nights away in hotels. Although 99 percent dry a few days after catheter removal, I still wore an insurance pad most of the time. Follow up treatments has meant I now need to wear a pad. 

At night in bed in the hotel I had a pad in my underwear a pair of incontinence pants over my underwear, I put one the incontinence bed pads in the bed and a towel on top of that. Never had a accident and it did away with the worry.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2024 at 16:17

Thanks Chris. Just out of interest, how do you dispose of the pads when staying over at friends or relatives? 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2024 at 16:37

Thanks Chris. Just out of interest, how do you dispose of the pads when staying over at friends or relatives? 

As a dog owner I always have some poo bags in my pocket 😄. If in a hotel then they went into a poo bag and into the hotel room bin. At friend's or relatives they go into a poo bag and into their dustbin. My friends and relatives are aware of my cancer and associated issues. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 01:39

Thanks Chris. Some of my friends are aware, but find the issues of ED and incontinence too embarrassing to talk about.