I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Newbie on this topic

User
Posted 07 Apr 2024 at 14:28

Recently diagnosed with p/c psa 5.7 t3a no mo 3+4=3 10 days on bica soon 1st injection r/t later in year any help for this very worried 60 year old 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 00:42

Yes, best help I can give you is tell you, don't worry because worrying won't change anything. Not the easiest advice to follow some people can't help but worry.

From the very limited information we have about your diagnosis you have about a 70% chance of being cured, and you can't change your chances by worrying or doing anything else. If you are in the unlucky 30% you would still have a long life, but not as long as it would be if you were cured.

Keep posting with questions. Others here can offer a lot of help on making your treatment journey as comfortable as possible.

Dave

User
Posted 07 Apr 2024 at 14:28

Recently diagnosed with p/c psa 5.7 t3a no mo 3+4=3 10 days on bica soon 1st injection r/t later in year any help for this very worried 60 year old 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 03:02

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but welcome to the forum.

it sounds like you've already embarked on a suitable treatment plan and in the grand scheme of things it's quite a favourable diagnosis, for instance I put up a link from a recent trial on my thread yesterday (same section as yours) which yielded very encouraging results and with your diagnosis you wouldn't have even been deemed high enough risk to have been enrolled on that trial.

I'm also on day 10 of Bical, fortunately not many effects as yet, how long have they envisaged you been on HT for?

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 03:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 07:09

Hi Paul, 

I was diagnosed T3a, Gleason 9 (4+5), PSA 7.7. I went the surgery route, so I'm afraid I can't help re RT advice. I'm now 14 months post op and touchwood have undetectable PSA. As much as we all try not to worry, there is always a degree of anxiety. Even though my recovery is going well I still occasionally feel anxious about the risk of recurrence.

You've done right to post on here, there are lots of lovely folk, who'll do their best to help, guide and support you.

If I were you, I'd put as much info as you have on your profile, it helps others help you and prevents you having to constantly repeat your condition.

Keep us updated and best of luck mate.

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 07:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 09:50

Hi Paul,

Ive been through it and just come out the other side, I’ve just had my last HT injection(Prostap) which will mean I have been on it for 2 years. I had my RT a year ago. As Dave says the best advice is not to worry, difficult as it may seem. Your PSA was much lower than mine(36) and your staging T3a was fairly similar, I was T3bN0M0 which means it had spread to the Seminal vesicles (just).  My PSA is now <0.1 which is undetectable, so I see no reason why you shouldn’t have a similar or better outcome.

If I were to give you any advice it would be….

Keep as fit and active as you can….and don’t stop if you can help it, even during your RT. HT does strange things to your body and you need to work hard to keep strong.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself lots of treats…it helps keep your mind from wandering….

Keep OFF Dr Google! Use this forum, there is a huge amount of reliable information on it and it’s member are SO supportive!

If you have a local support Group such as Maggies, go along and have a chat with them. Join one of their Cancer Support Groups…they have made a huge difference in helping me come to terms with this disease.

if you’re struggling mentally go to your GP and get help…don’t suffer in silence.

All the best on your journey,

Derek

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 10:07
Hi Paul - sorry you had to join us but rest assured that this is a well understood disease both in terms of diagnosis and treatments so you are most definitely not alone!

Have you been offered surgery (RARP) or have you chosen to go the HT/RT route as at T3a G3+4=7 you would seem to fall into either camp.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 00:42

Yes, best help I can give you is tell you, don't worry because worrying won't change anything. Not the easiest advice to follow some people can't help but worry.

From the very limited information we have about your diagnosis you have about a 70% chance of being cured, and you can't change your chances by worrying or doing anything else. If you are in the unlucky 30% you would still have a long life, but not as long as it would be if you were cured.

Keep posting with questions. Others here can offer a lot of help on making your treatment journey as comfortable as possible.

Dave

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 03:02

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but welcome to the forum.

it sounds like you've already embarked on a suitable treatment plan and in the grand scheme of things it's quite a favourable diagnosis, for instance I put up a link from a recent trial on my thread yesterday (same section as yours) which yielded very encouraging results and with your diagnosis you wouldn't have even been deemed high enough risk to have been enrolled on that trial.

I'm also on day 10 of Bical, fortunately not many effects as yet, how long have they envisaged you been on HT for?

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 03:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 07:09

Hi Paul, 

I was diagnosed T3a, Gleason 9 (4+5), PSA 7.7. I went the surgery route, so I'm afraid I can't help re RT advice. I'm now 14 months post op and touchwood have undetectable PSA. As much as we all try not to worry, there is always a degree of anxiety. Even though my recovery is going well I still occasionally feel anxious about the risk of recurrence.

You've done right to post on here, there are lots of lovely folk, who'll do their best to help, guide and support you.

If I were you, I'd put as much info as you have on your profile, it helps others help you and prevents you having to constantly repeat your condition.

Keep us updated and best of luck mate.

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 07:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 09:50

Hi Paul,

Ive been through it and just come out the other side, I’ve just had my last HT injection(Prostap) which will mean I have been on it for 2 years. I had my RT a year ago. As Dave says the best advice is not to worry, difficult as it may seem. Your PSA was much lower than mine(36) and your staging T3a was fairly similar, I was T3bN0M0 which means it had spread to the Seminal vesicles (just).  My PSA is now <0.1 which is undetectable, so I see no reason why you shouldn’t have a similar or better outcome.

If I were to give you any advice it would be….

Keep as fit and active as you can….and don’t stop if you can help it, even during your RT. HT does strange things to your body and you need to work hard to keep strong.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself lots of treats…it helps keep your mind from wandering….

Keep OFF Dr Google! Use this forum, there is a huge amount of reliable information on it and it’s member are SO supportive!

If you have a local support Group such as Maggies, go along and have a chat with them. Join one of their Cancer Support Groups…they have made a huge difference in helping me come to terms with this disease.

if you’re struggling mentally go to your GP and get help…don’t suffer in silence.

All the best on your journey,

Derek

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 10:07
Hi Paul - sorry you had to join us but rest assured that this is a well understood disease both in terms of diagnosis and treatments so you are most definitely not alone!

Have you been offered surgery (RARP) or have you chosen to go the HT/RT route as at T3a G3+4=7 you would seem to fall into either camp.