I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Mind games

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 18:15

This disease makes your mind go all over the place. I pulled my back day before Good Friday. Felt the muscle ping on the left side of my lower back. Spent all last week in agony then my mind started to think as the PCa metastasise to my spine despite knowing full well it was my muscle. Went to the GP on Thursday last week who said she was certain it was a pulled muscle and not the PCa and prescribed me Zapain which definitely takes the edge off the pain. Then the back pain in my left side moved over to my right side but relieved by the Zapain. GP said this is referred pain. No pain in my spine or hips just on my right side which appears to be easing with heat pads. What this disease does to your mind is relentless!!! Am I overthinking? 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 18:55

Hi Andy,

I'm not medically qualified but I doubt very much that your back problem has anything to do with your prostate cancer.

It's often been said on here that many of us are guilty of associating every ache and pain to our cancer. It's probably because it is always on our mind so it's bound to be the first thing we blame.

I hope you get better soon.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 20:14

We're in a very similar position Andy.

I was T3a, Gleason 9 (4+5) and had surgery. I get really bad pains in my legs, hips and lower back which I know is caused by arthritis but at times I still can't help blaming it on the cancer. 

I think the other difficulty is, most of us are getting on a bit, and whether we had cancer or not, we're starting to suffer from 'normal ailments' associated with aging. 🙂

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 20:19  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 18:15

This disease makes your mind go all over the place. I pulled my back day before Good Friday. Felt the muscle ping on the left side of my lower back. Spent all last week in agony then my mind started to think as the PCa metastasise to my spine despite knowing full well it was my muscle. Went to the GP on Thursday last week who said she was certain it was a pulled muscle and not the PCa and prescribed me Zapain which definitely takes the edge off the pain. Then the back pain in my left side moved over to my right side but relieved by the Zapain. GP said this is referred pain. No pain in my spine or hips just on my right side which appears to be easing with heat pads. What this disease does to your mind is relentless!!! Am I overthinking? 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 18:55

Hi Andy,

I'm not medically qualified but I doubt very much that your back problem has anything to do with your prostate cancer.

It's often been said on here that many of us are guilty of associating every ache and pain to our cancer. It's probably because it is always on our mind so it's bound to be the first thing we blame.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 19:41

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Andy,

Hi Adrian

Thanks for the reply and reassurance. I think a lot of it is because I had G9 (4+5) and RT and still on HT until Oct. PCa was localised and PSA 12 - T2 M0 N0. Last PSA 2 month ago was 0.07 but every twinge I think it’s spread. Hate myself for thinking like I do but I can’t help it! 

Andy

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 20:14

I was T3a, Gleason 9 (4+5) and had surgery. I get really bad pains in my legs, hips and lower back which I know is caused by arthritis but at times I still can't help blaming it on the cancer. 

I think the other difficulty is, most of us are getting on a bit, and whether we had cancer or not, we're starting to suffer from 'normal ailments' associated with aging. 🙂

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 20:19  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 20:20

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I think the other difficulty is, most of us are getting on a bit, and whether we have cancer or not, we're starting to suffer from 'normal ailments' associated with aging. 🙂

Hi Adrian

Without doubt! Also stiff knees through HT! The list goes on 🤣

Andy