Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Salvage radiotherapy pelvis weakness

User
Posted 14 Apr 2024 at 20:07

Hi All

Just started Salvage Radiotherapy after already having had a radical prostatectomy a year and 4 months ago PSA back up to .2

I was ok till day 7 of RT when I sat down and found I was struggling to stand back up with pain coming from my back pelvic area .Since then I'm struggling to sit in a chair comfortably for no more than 10 minutes and standing up is difficult as getting out of the bed at night as well

Once stood I'm ok just feel weak same lying down ,but as I try to stand been a real problem all weekend

Anyone else had similar problems as find it concerning as still got along way to go.I was fully mobile before

Thanks Good luck in your own journey

User
Posted 15 Apr 2024 at 12:57

Hi Mark, I haven't experienced this but hopefully another member will see this and comment. 

Kev.

User
Posted 15 Apr 2024 at 15:22

You should mention anything like this to the radiographers.

Might also be worth going to your GP and asking for blood tests.

User
Posted 15 Apr 2024 at 16:43

Just a follow up to help anyone else 

Spoke to oncologist today he thinks I've got inflammation from the treatment to the surrounding area.

Put me on Diazapan muscle relaxation,and co comodal pain killer,plus a laxative as cc will make me constipated.

Sounds about right, hope I see some improvement soon as not much fun having to lie down all day

User
Posted 21 Apr 2024 at 16:59
How are you getting with that treatment? My RT scan is on May 6th and start the RT on the 21st - have been on HT for 3 weeks now and (touch wood) no side effects from that - but interested to hear how people react to the RT.

Thanks

Steve

User
Posted 21 Apr 2024 at 17:41

Hi Steve,

Mixed bag for me , absolutely fine first week then as above pelvis area pain . Diazapan has solved it and I'm mobile again which is a relief.

Next problem day 12 my bum is sore on the outside not through diaharea which I haven't had let ,so will ask the nurse for some cream 

A third through my treatment,the actual process is fine ,have a drink 20 minutes watch TV 20 minutes then called in ,treatment about 10 minutes then home .I'm sure it's different for each individual but you soon count the days off