I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Got RP Histology Findings

User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 10:13

I just wanted to write an update - as a couple of people had asked for such in another strand - and I so value the dedicated inputs from this extraordinary community.  

My news - 

Received my histology findings today, 16th April 2024.  The Cancer reported was very much as had been previously known and blessedly remains T2.  Best news of all is that the 'margins were clear' from the operation.  Assuming my next PSA test is 'un-detectable' - and remains so - (and I have no reason at this juncture to think otherwise) - I will once again be able to tick the 'cancer free' box in good faith.  I, for just one, can't wait for that to be the case.

On a less happy front, I went in to have my catheter removed last Thursday and did, indeed, have it extracted.  I then spent four and a half hours waiting - often distractedly I have to slay - to pass urine.  There was one nurse who keep prodding.  She wanted to go home she said.  Sadly - apart from a VERY little - nothing of significance came much to both of our disappointment.  Finally this woman was determined that I should have another one put in.  The consultant who did it mumbled: 'You'll be fine'.  Let's pray.  It's just that I'm not very good at this 'in demand' business.  Try as I might not to, it does make me anxious.  I can get home in 15 minutes from the hospital.  What I'm going to do the next time is have it removed - go home - drink my own 'hot water - eat my own food - and simply relax - and then go back.  There's a big part of me that thinks that will do the trick.  Certainly I could feel the waters rising last week - they just didn't manage to go over the ridge.  Their time is coming very soon - or so at least I've promised myself.

Bless all hereabouts for your support.  It means the world.   

Edited by member 16 Apr 2024 at 14:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 13:06

Hello mate and thanks for the update.

Terrific biopsy result. 

I remember having my catheter removed. They said I had to give a urine sample before leaving. I dislike hospitals and wanted to get out asap. I gulped down a litre of water - nothing. Unbeknown to the nurses, I gulped down another. Even then I only then managed a small sample. Just good enough for them to let me go. 

It when I was at the car park meter, that the dam burst. I dashed to the car and put a couple of carrier bags on the seat to protect the upholstery. I think I peed all the way home. It was a nightmare.

User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 14:16

Meunier, I developed a stricture after surgery and had be better catheterised on numerous occasions. I have had around a dozen TWOCs and never failed one. 

You are part way there with you plan for next time. I always made sure I was well hydrated before getting to hospital. In simple terms if you are dehydrated the water will replenish the body before overflowing into the bladder .Be careful about what you drink,water is probably the better option. Perhaps avoid alcohol for a few days before the TWOC.

Another important thing is to relax.

Hope all goes well next time.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 17:47

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Terrific biopsy result. 

I remember having my catheter removed. They said I had to give a urine sample before leaving. I dislike hospitals and wanted to get out asap. I gulped down a litre of water - nothing. Unbeknown to the nurses, I gulped down another. Even then I only then managed a small sample. Just good enough for them to let me go. 

It when I was at the car park meter, that the dam burst. I dashed to the car and put a couple of carrier bags on the seat to protect the upholstery. I think I peed all the way home. It was a nightmare.

Oh dear Adrian I bet you were thoroughly p****d off with that🤣🤣🤣

When I started my RT I got myself a pee bottle for the journey back and it has stayed (under the seat) in my car ever since. Oh! And a towel to stop me getting arrested at traffic light for flashing🤣🤣🤣

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 13:06

Terrific biopsy result. 

User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 14:16

Meunier, I developed a stricture after surgery and had be better catheterised on numerous occasions. I have had around a dozen TWOCs and never failed one. 

You are part way there with you plan for next time. I always made sure I was well hydrated before getting to hospital. In simple terms if you are dehydrated the water will replenish the body before overflowing into the bladder .Be careful about what you drink,water is probably the better option. Perhaps avoid alcohol for a few days before the TWOC.

Another important thing is to relax.

Hope all goes well next time.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 14:55
Thanks so, Chris. It was the 'relaxing' bit - with that dogged nurse at my elbow - that I found truly challenging last Thursday. That's why I want to give myself a fair opportunity by just slipping home - given that I am so relatively close. I spoke to one of the PCUK nurses and she said she thought that was an excellent idea. Fingers et all crossed it works!!! I really would prefer not to be tethered any longer than I absolutely have to be.
User
Posted 16 Apr 2024 at 17:47

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Terrific biopsy result. 

Oh dear Adrian I bet you were thoroughly p****d off with that🤣🤣🤣

When I started my RT I got myself a pee bottle for the journey back and it has stayed (under the seat) in my car ever since. Oh! And a towel to stop me getting arrested at traffic light for flashing🤣🤣🤣