I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A blog - that I hope might help someone

User
Posted 19 Apr 2024 at 11:23

Hello. I’m Martin Howell. I’m married to Dr Susan Howell, with two adult children – Emily and Charlie. I spend my time between Hampshire and London, and by and large, am very content with life.

With one exception. I have advanced and incurable prostate cancer. Cancer is rarely out of the spotlight, isn’t it? Particularly if it’s the head of state, as well as the future queen, who are having to contend with it. It is part of our lives, very often through our own personal experience.

Many members of this forum will know that cancer is actually over 200 different diseases. Millions of people around the world will be told that they have it, each year. And every single one of those people will react and respond to their disease differently.

So why another blog about cancer..? Because, despite the fact that everyone’s experience is unique (it is very common to hear cancer patients refer to ‘my cancer’, with good reason) there are many shared elements in everyone’s journey. These are often emotional and can encompass feelings of hope, courage, fear, defiance, worry and uncertainty amongst many others.

What my own cancer experience has taught me is that love is everything. Maybe, within the blog I have started and will continue to write, I can show you why.  If you are kind enough to take the time to read it, please let me know what you think. You can find it here: prostatecancer.me.uk

Edited by moderator 22 Apr 2024 at 08:56  | Reason: Not specified