I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Alprostadil / Caverject injection question

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 13:04

Just started on it and cant remember exactly what the nurse did in the demonstration. Do you insert the 12mm needle all the way into the penis, or just partially?
Thanks

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 14:16

It goes in perpendicular to the penis about 2cm from the base into the side. Fully insert the needle - once through the skin it is painless. Start with 2.5 for 3 sessions and then increase to 5 if needed - aim for fully erect after 10 mins and lasting 20-30 minutes. It helps if you massage the shaft after injection and some partner erotic stimulation will help - it doesn't always work if you are not in the mood.
Alternate sides with each injection and at least 48 hours inbetween.

If you are still erect after an hour then stand up and walk around and grip the penis and squeeze to push blood out of the penis - and reduce the dose the next time!

If it hasn't gone after 4 hours then a trip to A&E (that's pretty unlikely though but can happen).

Edited by member 22 Apr 2024 at 14:18  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 14:38

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Just started on it and cant remember exactly what the nurse did in the demonstration. Do you insert the 12mm needle all the way into the penis, or just partially?
Thanks

Hello mate, welcome to the forum.

I use Invicorp but I suppose the injection technique is similar.

This link includes many tips from our Prick a D*ck Club. It may be useful to you.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t29845-Hooray-for-Invicorp