Show search

Notification

Error
«<91011

15 years on (continued)

User
Posted 14 Sep 2014 at 07:53
Hi

Just to let you know we had a big family dinner at my house last night, except for one person.

We opened a couple of bottles of champagne and toasted Topgun. No tears or mourning like he said but remembering him. Anyway we had a good weekend just every now and again you realise someone is not there :(

Chris is taking Karen back this afternoon. She seems ok but next few days will be hard as it will be the first time since the funeral in her house on her own.

She says she will be going to the "London event" so she may see you there.
User
Posted 14 Sep 2014 at 13:07

Hi James,

So glad you had that family dinner and a good weekend.
That would put a smile on your dad's face!

Pass on our love to Karen, and tell her she will be among many of her good friends if she comes to London on 3rd December.
Looking forward to seeing her soon.

George

User
Posted 14 Sep 2014 at 23:34
Your weekend sounds brilliant, James, your dad would have approved, and will be great to see Karen in London, if not before.

User
Posted 16 Sep 2014 at 21:46

I am saddened to discover that Topgun has left us. Always supportive he seems to helped everyone he came into contact with. A keystone of this forum too, I will miss his wise words as I am sure we all will. He was such an important part of this virtual community which will lessened by his absence. 

My condolences and best wishes to his family and friends