Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
«<91011

That was not in the plan.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 17:55

Sorry to see your PSA has risen Chris. Time for another scan perhaps?

Ido4

User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 18:20
Sorry to hear this Chris. I know with my 3 bouts of palliative RT that a flare was warned ( and a nice bottle of Morphine ) but I only felt the pain of RT to my throat and stomach and lungs. But yes I think you do get a bounce if it flares. Good wishes friend
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 22:51

I wish I could offer more knowledgeable thoughts than good wishes.  From what I've seen one psa reading isn't a story.  Peter

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 16:13

Sorry to see this Chris. I can’t answer your question but really hope it is a bounce….you definitely deserve something to go your way x all the very best x

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 19:26

Thanks for the replies, went to see J the oncologist this afternoon and came out more confused than when I went in. 

My reluctance to have HT apparently excludes me from several treatments. The conversation contained discussions about treatment protocols and private treatment.

Bottom line I will have another PSA in 3 months possibly followed by another PSMA scan. Based on my spreadsheet the PSA might be around 4.5 by then.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 21:32

Sorry to hear this Chris. Did J say whether the increase was due to a ‘flare up’?

I have my Oncol call next week. Supposed to be every 4 months but it never happened in November. So be interesting to see how the PSA has behaved or not over the last 6 months

Fingers crossed for you mate

Bri 

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 21:50

Brian, I didn't get a straight forward answer to that question,in fairness probably because it isn't that simple. It could be that another tumor is creating the rise in the PSA .

A lab error on the PSA  and missing the tumor were considered unlikely.

Hope you are keeping okay.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 00:15
Not what you or any of us wanted to hear. Fingers crossed it's all those ruptured PC cells