I always prefer to get my PSA result before my onco appointment so this time I used my GP PSA request form for the PSA and the hospital form for the testosterone. As it happens the nurse took two lots of blood at the same time and both got sent together and tested , one was 0.33 the other 0.34 so no surprise there.
Getting the result from the GP was like pulling teeth, I suspect they had the result but it had not been reviewed by a GP. Onco nurse has now said send her a text the day after my blood test and she will send it by text so I get it before our appointment. She was relieved that I had already got the bad news before out conversation.
So I had telephone appointment with onco nurse, we discussed scans and agreed that at 0.33 it was probably too early for a reliable test and they would normally wait until at least 1.0. Based on the stories on here I am quite happy with that. Looking at my past results she calculated my doubling time at 5.5 months so I should be in whole figures around a year from now. Next test in four months, when we will review doubling times again. We only have PSMA scans at our hospital, but I have private medical insurance if other scans are recommended. Radiation treatment to detected areas would be the next treatment if anything relevant is detected.
With regard to dyes and substances they inject is there a limit to how many or often you can have scans.
At this point if it comes to choices I do not want to go down the HT route , enough is enough.
That's about it, I feel more upbeat than when I got the result yesterday.
Thank you all for the support.