Thank you for your kind messages of support.
Lyn, to be honest I was thinking the same thing. Ignoring the previous test result, the rise is on the same trend as I've been on since restarting HT two years ago. My oncologist has told me that generally, she expects my PSA to increase rather than go down again as long as I continue on Zoladex alone.
I feel frustrated as I've constantly asked if I can have a PETScan to try and identify where my cancer has reoccurred. I know it may not help me survive any longer but if it means that there's a possibility of a more targeted treatment that would give me more time, I feel it would help. I just feel anxious that delaying things may reduce my options. My oncologist's answer is that she wants to wait until my PSA reaches double figures before sending me for a PETScan.
On Tuesday, amazingly, I am having a bone scan (the only scan I've had in over two years). This has been approved because I've had very uncomfortable pain in my left shoulder for over four months now. I finally managed to be referred for physiotherapy to try and sort it out but now the physio wants to use ultrasound treatment on it, so, aware of the dangers with giving ultrasound to an area that may be affected by cancer, I contacted oncology to check. They came back to me and said a bone scan was the best option so at least that might mean that the physio treatment might be able to continue. I just need to sort out the pain, it's getting me down.
They confirmed the scan before the PSA results came through so I wonder if they would have considered giving me the bone scan anyway. Somehow, I don't think they would have bothered.
I just need to feel that someone is doing something.