I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A New Chapter

User
Posted 10 Sep 2018 at 22:58

Thank you, everyone, for your kind replies. 

The PSA results did come as a surprise.  I just suddenly thought that my journey could be shorter than I had hoped for if my main treatment showed signs of failure so soon.  

I needed to let the news sink in and decide what to do for the best.  I'm not due to see the oncologist until December and next week I'm should have my next Zoladex implant.

If that's not working for me then I wondered if I should change to Prostap rather then commit myself to 3 more months of Zoladex.

Anyway I've decided to have a testosterone test in the next few days to see what the situation is.  Maybe have another PSA test next month just to see how things are going.  I know trends are more important than individual tests so I'll see what happens.  If it does continue to rise then I feel I should see my oncologist earlier. 

I think at this stage, she would say let's see how things go over the next few months. 

Steve 

Edited by member 10 Sep 2018 at 23:02  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 10 Sep 2018 at 23:11
I think another injection and then another blood test is a sensible approach. You may just have had a bad batch last time that didn't last quite long enough.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Sep 2018 at 23:12
Hi Steve have you thought about a psma scan to try and locate the recurrence? If it's still localised you could be a candidate for more local treatment??
User
Posted 18 Sep 2018 at 02:22

Hi, 

Just had my testosterone test result come through, which was 0.8.

In June last year, I had a result of 0.3, even though, at that time, I had ended my original hormone treatment nine months before.  Does this mean that this time the Zoladex isn't working as well for me? Could this be the reason why my PSA has increased recently?

My next Zoladex implant is due tomorrow morning. 

Steve 

User
Posted 18 Sep 2018 at 08:27
No - you are very very close to castrate level. It may just be because you are so close to having your next jab.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard