Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

zoladex implant

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 18:39

Hi

I am looking at booking a holiday with family, I have checked when Tonys injection is due and it is due almost a week before we are due to fly, does anyone no if it would be ok to have the implant early . any help would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks barbara

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 21:58

hmmmmm. I would check this with whoever authorizes the injected implant. A week might be rather soon. In need it might be possible to take the Zoladex injection with you if it can be kept below 25 degrees C as per manufacture's instructions and be administered by a suitably qualified practitioner where you are going. Another possibility is to get your GP's authorization for it, purchase the implant where you are going and have it injected by a trained person - it has to be administered correctly. I had this done during my RT abroad.

Barry
User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 22:25

Barbara, have you counted by calendar months or 28 day blocks? Zoladex must be given every 28 days / 12 weeks, not every calendar month / 3 months. Not sure why it would be a problem having the injection a week before you go away though?

Edited by member 01 Nov 2017 at 22:26  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 21:58

hmmmmm. I would check this with whoever authorizes the injected implant. A week might be rather soon. In need it might be possible to take the Zoladex injection with you if it can be kept below 25 degrees C as per manufacture's instructions and be administered by a suitably qualified practitioner where you are going. Another possibility is to get your GP's authorization for it, purchase the implant where you are going and have it injected by a trained person - it has to be administered correctly. I had this done during my RT abroad.

Barry
User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 22:25

Barbara, have you counted by calendar months or 28 day blocks? Zoladex must be given every 28 days / 12 weeks, not every calendar month / 3 months. Not sure why it would be a problem having the injection a week before you go away though?

Edited by member 01 Nov 2017 at 22:26  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Nov 2017 at 06:30

Hi Barry And Lynn thanks for your replies. I have had a chat with one of the nurses on here and she has told me there is a 10 day leeway either side do it, should be no problem. thanks for your input greatly appreciated. 

regards barbara. xx

Edited by member 02 Nov 2017 at 07:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Nov 2017 at 06:31

Hi Lyn I did it 4 weekly as I new it was 28 days. thanks.

barbara. xx

Edited by member 02 Nov 2017 at 07:05  | Reason: Not specified