its been a while since i posted an update on John’s progress. A quick saunter through the last eight years, PSA 25 on diagnosis, gleason 10, spread to lymph and bones. Usual treatments for the times, however, the addition of Stillbestrill halted the progress of the cancer for more than three years and we've had Radium 223 (didn't help) and now chemo (hmmm, not sure whether it helped but ended up with PSA slightly lower than we started but with disease progression we think, but with ten chemos under the belt still here, so yay). But, health not good, pain not good, now on fentanyl patches and morphine, collapsing hips, now waiting for a new bone scan before decision to be made about abiraterone or enzalutimide, hoping this decision is made quicker than the currently scheduled two months. Hospice has stepped in to order blood tests tomorrow due to severe itching (thank heavens for wonderful hospice nurses).
As a summary, we have been incredibly lucky to date, i have a feeling our luck is running out but maybe we still have a way to go as we still have options (i hope).
I would have gladly taken this eight years ago, i remember begging the heavens for four years and I have had double that so far. I am grateful for every day I get to spend with this wonderful man. Wish us luck for the coming bone scan and potential liver troubles.
love to all here, so happy to see so many familiar names still here and fighting on