I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My husbands recent diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer

User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 00:06

All the aches and pains, are probably to do with being 75, HT and RT. In that order.

RT causing blood clots? I don't know, I have not heard of it. Andy and Lyn have been on this forum longer so maybe they will know.

Medication to clear blood cloths is common, I'm sure it will work. Far better they got stuck in the lungs than reaching the brain.

Considering where you were with the prospect of life long HT which probably would have been failing about now; you are now three years down the line, and still on a curative path. I don't think you've had the easiest three years, but it's been better than for some. 

How much longer has he got of HT? It will be less important more than six months after RT, so by June start weighing up Quality of Life Vs risk of recurrence. 

Dave

User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 00:39

Thanks Dave.

Yes possibly, it’s not something he’s so used to, we’ve always done lots of walking with our dog without problem and now he struggles sometimes and is often limping so we can’t walk for long.

Not sure if the clots are a result of the RT, the chest physician we saw seemed to thing that would be the case but I suppose we’ll never know for sure. Will see if this turns out to be more clots around his liver this week I guess.

Yes from his initial diagnosis we are in a much better place. I am thankful for that, and realise how much worse things could have been. I suppose it doesn’t stop you from having your own moments of worry etc though.

He’s got over 18months of HT left 🀦🏻‍♀️ really good advice though and exactly what I’ve been thinking….my worry is the G9 if it was lower I don’t think we would hesitate to stop the HT. If we don’t get to see oncology before feb (next injection date) then we have an appointment already in May so could discuss it then.

Hope all good with you Dave and everything still going well x

User
Posted 04 Jan 2024 at 08:54

Sorry Elaine to read about Robs latest situation. I can't offer any advice but my thoughts are with you both.

Ivan

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 01:18
Thanks Ivan.

Hope you’re still doing really well. I feel we all pretty much started this journey together. Seems a long time ago now. Take care x

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 08:13

Yes, I'm fine and due my next 6 month post-operation PSA check next week.

And yes, diagnosed during 2021 and operation late December 2021.

Ivan

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 09:23

Best of luck for your next test Ivan πŸ‘

Yes 21/12/21, remember it well.

take care x

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 09:25

Best of luck Ivan for next result. You gave us a lot of support in the early days for which we are very grateful.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 09:28

Always here to provide as much support as I can. Thinking of you both xx

User
Posted 05 Jan 2024 at 16:04

Elaine, sorry to hear of the latest issues. I did get lots of blood clots coming out of my bladder but this presumably a totally different thing.

Hope things improve soon. Totally understand your comment about struggling.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 06 Jan 2024 at 22:59

Thanks Chris, hope you are ok.

Hopefully we’ll get the results this week from the liver and it’s all ok. 

I really don’t feel bad all the time just have moments which I’m sure is normal. Live is still generally good and I am mainly grateful that we continue to have options but I guess its ok to mourn life before PCa occasionally.

Will definitely have a better mindset when I feel we can start the new year πŸ‘

Take care x