I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA still undetectable

User
Posted 19 Oct 2022 at 21:07

Read my profile for full details but regular phone call from our oncology nurse today confirming my PSA still undetectable after 28 months of daily Enzalutimide with  hormone injections every three months and 22 months after 33 sessions of Salvage RT .I have a CT scan Friday and a bone scan in December to monitor my progress and decide the way forward as I am in remission and they may want to see if they can take me off Enzalutimde but maintain the hormone injection regime .Great news all round as I was regraded after RP as high risk Gleason 4 3 with tiertery 5 with cancer in at least 6 pelvic  lymph nodes .To all of you out there with advanced Prostate cancer there is a lot that can be done these days to keep it at bay and even effect a cure .I notice that the American forums have more and more members who are receiving treatment that is even reversing  bone mets in some cases, new treatments where three or more medications are being trialed together are proving very promising  and what happens in the USA often is accepted as good practice in the UK. Every day that goes by is a day nearer a full cure for this nasty disease ! Prostate Cancer UK are doing great work ,our oncology nurses always quote this website as the best for information and advice  .

User
Posted 19 Oct 2022 at 21:07

Read my profile for full details but regular phone call from our oncology nurse today confirming my PSA still undetectable after 28 months of daily Enzalutimide with  hormone injections every three months and 22 months after 33 sessions of Salvage RT .I have a CT scan Friday and a bone scan in December to monitor my progress and decide the way forward as I am in remission and they may want to see if they can take me off Enzalutimde but maintain the hormone injection regime .Great news all round as I was regraded after RP as high risk Gleason 4 3 with tiertery 5 with cancer in at least 6 pelvic  lymph nodes .To all of you out there with advanced Prostate cancer there is a lot that can be done these days to keep it at bay and even effect a cure .I notice that the American forums have more and more members who are receiving treatment that is even reversing  bone mets in some cases, new treatments where three or more medications are being trialed together are proving very promising  and what happens in the USA often is accepted as good practice in the UK. Every day that goes by is a day nearer a full cure for this nasty disease ! Prostate Cancer UK are doing great work ,our oncology nurses always quote this website as the best for information and advice  .

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 18:09

Well said and best wishes..  There was a gent on our local BBC tv news who'd been on a Stampede drugs trial at Christies in Manchester for 10yrs and he is still going.  The story is linked below and says this treatment is now standard in the USA and India.

https://www.christie.nhs.uk/about-us/news-at-the-christie/latest-news-stories/daily-tablet-keeps-prostate-cancer-at-bay-for-a-decade

Edited by member 20 Oct 2022 at 18:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 19:06

100% agree  

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 19:00

Really great news, long may it continue.

I also find it interesting watching videos relating to Oligo metastasis. I like the attitude that you should always aim for cure (obviously within reason) and never believe how much time a doctor may give you…as they don’t know.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 18:09

Well said and best wishes..  There was a gent on our local BBC tv news who'd been on a Stampede drugs trial at Christies in Manchester for 10yrs and he is still going.  The story is linked below and says this treatment is now standard in the USA and India.

https://www.christie.nhs.uk/about-us/news-at-the-christie/latest-news-stories/daily-tablet-keeps-prostate-cancer-at-bay-for-a-decade

Edited by member 20 Oct 2022 at 18:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 19:00

Really great news, long may it continue.

I also find it interesting watching videos relating to Oligo metastasis. I like the attitude that you should always aim for cure (obviously within reason) and never believe how much time a doctor may give you…as they don’t know.

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 19:06

100% agree  

User
Posted 21 Oct 2022 at 11:55

Great results Librajc. Encouraging news on the treatment front too. 

Ido4

User
Posted 21 Oct 2022 at 12:06

Great news long may it continue 👍

User
Posted 12 Jan 2023 at 13:43

Update 11 January 2023

Results of Bone scan and CT scan today all clear nothing of concern PSA still undetectable after 31 months on Enzalutamide and ADT .Told they want me to stay on medication  however I was treated with cure intent so at some point will need to come off medication to see if I have been cured .Bit of a quandary but happy to stay on drugs for time being. 

User
Posted 12 Jan 2023 at 15:39

Well done Librajc.  Quite the journey.  I've also been told 36 months for ADT + abiraterone so it seems to be the standard for high risk cases with persistent PSA.  But as Fergie would say it's "squeaky bum time" when you come off it.  Best wishes.