I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Introduce myself

User
Posted 23 Oct 2022 at 11:31

Hi all, I’ve recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer stage 3 Gleason score 3+4 it hasn’t spread to any other organs so that’s good I’m waiting for a bone scan which I’ve been told it’s highly unlikely to have spread to the bones .I’m mot concerned about the side affects of the hormone treatment than I am about the cancer so I’m looking at rso treatment has anyone here had it Wots the opinion, cheers 

User
Posted 23 Oct 2022 at 13:36

What's rso?

User
Posted 23 Oct 2022 at 18:52

Put simply, RSO is an oil derived from cannabis.

User
Posted 23 Oct 2022 at 21:23

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Put simply, RSO is an oil derived from cannabis.

Ok just googled it. It is an alternative therapy, with no scientific evidence that it will work. 

With G3+4 stage 3 you probably have 3 to 5 years before you have any symptoms, but it will then probably be stage 4 and without HT you will probably get another 3 years before you are even close to death. At this point if you want to extend life you will need lifelong HT which might work for another five, ten years. Based on what we know about RSO these time scales will be the same whether you take it or not.

It seems the THC is still in the oil so if you like the cannabis high, then I think you will have a reasonably fun decade before death.

If you take the RT even without HT you will have a 50-60% chance of pushing the cancer back 5 years, and if you take the HT as well that's probably a 60-70% chance.

I did not have much trouble with having two years of HT. If I were you I would try it for three months and continue as long as you can during RT, but if you don't like it stop. I think one or two years of HT now to add about 15% to the chance of a cure is better than five ten years of HT later, but that is just my opinion.

I think a lot of herbalist medicine is good and that is why "big pharma", refine it put it through clinical trials and sell it at a profit. So I would want at least one of my cancer treatments to be proved via clinical trials. As long as additional treatments don't impede the clinically proven one and are not clearly a scam then adding them as well, is fine.

Dave

User
Posted 23 Oct 2022 at 21:45

I posted some info on this here:

Potential treatments

but this is not a proven or wise path to follow and I don't say that as disapproval of cannabis per se. Basically, I agree with Dave.

Jules

Edited by member 23 Oct 2022 at 21:51  | Reason: Not specified