Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<123

'My 33 Days with Cancer'- radiotherapy following removal of prostate in 2017

User
Posted 07 Dec 2021 at 17:44
Just for anyone else afraid of catherter removal. I was dreading it. It was 1 week post op and I couldn't imagine the new joint (anastomosis) being healed in that time. The district nurse arrived to my house and I said "the only way this is happening is if I pull it out myself" I just wanted to be in control if there was any pain or resistance. She didn't even object. She deflated the balloon and I just slowly pulled it out. There was no resistance or pain what so ever. If I'd have been stood up it would have fallen out on it's own. Since then I have had another due to dilation for a stricture and did exactly the same with a different nurse.

Since then I self catheterisation regularly to keep the stricture open. Although I struggled to get them in at first now it is no problem. Its all about relaxing inside correctly.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 09:46

Peter, you have posted day 21 on the wrong thread - you will find it here

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t27763-Prostrate-surgery-after-affects#post262570 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Dec 2021 at 08:16

Are you ok peter you have gone quite 🤔