I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Flights

User
Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 14:41

I have recently booked an internal flight to Luton. Only now do I see risks of being on chemotherapy. Has anyone flown whilst going through chemotherapy? Gutted I wish I checked beforehand didnt think there were so many things than may go wrong ie not being able to breath etc. TIA

User
Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 21:52
Kudos to Jellies. Most ski resorts don't open until this weekend!

Obviously your're not someone to be constrained by a little thing like a prostate.

User
Posted 16 Dec 2022 at 14:32

Indeed doing what you want to do and enjoy makes a positive difference. I've got an army reunion in Feb that's why I'm flying. I think ill just risk it as don't want to miss out and all the scare mongerinig just keeps the medicss safe. Daft to think that even flying has issues with chemo what next I ask you!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 16:14

Literally just landing now on flight from France after week skiing.  Start my second cycle of Docetaxel in two days time.  Never heard anything about risks but I would probably not fly the week after chemo due to being too tired. 

User
Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 19:27

Maybe I'll be OK. It warns about breathlessness meaning you may need oxygen due to cabin pressure and also bleeding due to low blood counts and it's best to get checked prior to flying l. Maybe they are being too carefull

User
Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 21:52
Kudos to Jellies. Most ski resorts don't open until this weekend!

Obviously your're not someone to be constrained by a little thing like a prostate.

User
Posted 16 Dec 2022 at 09:31

Ha ha.  When the lovely nurse was explaining all the range of chemo side effects the only thing I asked her was did she think I'd be able get out skiing during the season.  She gave me that pitiful look that said "are you for real? ".   I went straight home and booked my flights as I reckoned the best chance was early in the cycles.   Have a lads trip tentatively booked for mid Jan but not completely reckless so will only go if all the blood work is OK and feeling good.  I've found that pushing a bit to do the things you love (whatever that is) is a massive help in getting through all the medical treatments the inevitable days when you just want to pull the duvet over your head.

User
Posted 16 Dec 2022 at 14:32

Indeed doing what you want to do and enjoy makes a positive difference. I've got an army reunion in Feb that's why I'm flying. I think ill just risk it as don't want to miss out and all the scare mongerinig just keeps the medicss safe. Daft to think that even flying has issues with chemo what next I ask you!