I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leuprorelin

User
Posted 24 May 2023 at 10:04

Since taking Leuprorelin (also called Prostat etc) I have severe tinnitus. I just had my three monthly injection and the tinnitus is at a peak. Although somewhat ancient I am still very active (writing etc). On top of the cancer itself this is the last straw.

Loud high pitched hissing.

Any ideas please, thanks. 

Courage mes braves, 

Otto

User
Posted 24 May 2023 at 19:47

Not something I've come across, but a quick search reveals Zoladex, Prostap, and Decapeptyl can all cause tinitus.

I checked for Degarelix, and couldn't find as many references, but I did find one. It may be the risk is similar, given far fewer people on Degarelix.

If you didn't get this on Zoladex, you could ask to switch back.

User
Posted 24 May 2023 at 22:27
I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but the more and more I speak to people , the more I hear about long-term tinnitus since all the Covid jabs. Every adult in my house ( four of us ) are suffering with it since Covid vaccinations.
User
Posted 25 May 2023 at 06:06

Thanks all, that's very interesting. My brother-in-law has it, has gone deaf in one ear, and claims it's from covid. I've had five jabs and have had covid twice. When you are on umpteen pills plus the covid jab it's hard to say what causes what.

User
Posted 25 May 2023 at 06:19

OK. It looks like (i) there is a link of tinnitus to covid vaccination (ii) there are many reports (iii) the US CDC is dragging its feet (iv) it is a quite severe tinnitus if you have it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-vaccine-side-effects-tinnitus-may-linked-inflammation-rcna80675

Cheers,

Otto 

User
Posted 27 Aug 2023 at 06:51

Hi to all,

I am more certain now that Prostap (Leuprorelin, Zoladex)) etc causes tinnitus, because it always peaks just after my three monthly injection. So now I can use tinnitus as a "biomarker". When tinnitus is bad, I get other symptoms, fatigue, mild depression (mood change), light and sound sensitivity .... Now the logic is clear. Since I am certain  the injection causes the tinnitus and tinnitus always coincides with the other symptoms I can claim that ALL my symptoms are due to Prostap. This is particularly useful for mood change. Instead of the natural tendency to attribute the mood change to some fundamental flaw in my psychology, the dreadful state of the UK, etc etc I can attribute it to Prostap. I am hoping this makes me easier to live with and that it may be helpful to others.

Cheers, Otto

User
Posted 27 Aug 2023 at 08:16

I had Decapeptyl every 3 months and suffered tinnitus, maybe not much of a consolation for you at the moment but when I stopped having the injections the tinnitus stopped

User
Posted 27 Aug 2023 at 09:11

Dear AWR1946,

That's very helpful, thanks.

I maybe should call myself Otto1945!

Cheers,

Otto