I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Orgasm,Ejaculation,after palliative radiotherapy

User
Posted 05 Jul 2023 at 03:01

My erection was not all that good before the discovery of my cancer.I have been on hormones therapy for few years and will continue for another 2 years.

I had my 6 sessions of palliative radiotherapy and completed it about 30 days ago.

I am a young man of 55 years and needs my erection,orgasms and ejaculations back.

I am presently using the NHS manual erectile pump but looks so boring and tiring.

‘Pls,what are my other options as I still need to have more babies.

‘Are there any more options?

User
Posted 05 Jul 2023 at 15:18

Unfortunately, you will not be able to have more babies because the radiotherapy will make you infertile. You won't get your ejaculate back but if you are ever able to stop having the hormones, you might find that you can get erections again (if you use the vacuum pump regularly) 

It is the hormone therapy that is making you feel so strange

Edited by member 05 Jul 2023 at 15:21  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Jul 2023 at 17:12

I can't understand what treatment path you're on.

If you are having palliative radiotherapy, you wouldn't ever be coming off hormone therapy, so those two statements together are incompatible.

What area of your body was treated with the radiotherapy?

User
Posted 05 Jul 2023 at 17:54

When you orgasm you will not produce the normal ejaculate (ie containing sperms); no way you can produce babies.  You either have dry orgasms or ejaculate  urine which is a nusanceIf you have decided to use the pump because you can't or don't wish to use more invasive methods then you need to persevere and I assure you that you can achieve an erection suitable for penetrative sex. Also when you put the ring on the nuance of urine is eliminated because no fluid can pass through the penis. I have been using pumps for over many years very successfully which has certain benefits which did not exist before surgery. Have a read of my  post at:

: https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t28948-Re-establishing-Sex-Life

Since your erections weren't all that good before your treatment, if you use a pump you will be able to produce erections as strong as when you were young.  

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate