Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Need avice

User
Posted 31 Jul 2023 at 21:15

Hi

Been treated in January with brachtherapy . Problem is before treatment I was getting testosterone injections as I have cronic fatigue syndrome have had that for the last 5 year. Now I'm putting on weight at an alarming rate have tried excersize but can't shift a pound been on diet as well but nothing is happening my doc says I will.not lose weight due to no or very little testosterone any one have any ideas 

Thanks in advance 

User
Posted 31 Jul 2023 at 22:22

I'm assuming you are on ADT, and hence now have no testosterone. We get many posts about people dealing with the side effects. I don't know if this will help.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t29565-Free-online-class-on-hormone-therapy

I can think of nothing other than recommending exercise, but if you are already doing that, I can not think of anything else, but others might.

Dave

User
Posted 31 Jul 2023 at 22:49

Exercise is very important, but you need to do a lot of exercise to make up for a small amount of excess calorie intake, so avoiding weight gain is more about diet than exercise. You can probably ask to see a dietician.

Edited by member 31 Jul 2023 at 22:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Aug 2023 at 15:57
Hi many thanks for replies by the time I come home from work I can barely walk never mind exercise lol I do try but it absolutely floors me I have asked to see a dietition and am waiting on them coming back to me
User
Posted 03 Aug 2023 at 07:38
You WILL lose weight if you eat fewer calories than your body burns - this is simply physics. There are two ways to achieve that: burn more calories (exercise) or consume fewer (diet). While on HT, dieting is much the easier solution.

Chris

User
Posted 03 Aug 2023 at 08:52

Hi 

Many thanks for reply but I'm not on HT I'm not on any treatment apart from the initial brachytherapy.

As any treatment may cause the cancer to grow. 

Once I finish work I'm absolutely done in due to the cronic fatigue I'm walking a bit and my calorie count is very low but weight still piling on 

Gary