Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Suspected Prostatitis

User
Posted 26 Oct 2023 at 10:21

Hi There

First post. Presented to GP 10 days ago with suspected UTI (increased urinary frequency and pelvic discomfort. No stinging when urinating). Dip test was negative so doctor examined prostate. Thought it was slight enlarged / lumpy and could be acute prostatitis. Slightly tender but not to the point where I hit the roof as was the case a few years ago when I had it.

Prescribed Trimethoprim as I had nasty reaction to Cipro several years ago. Within 24 hours started to get burning / stinging sensation in skin on lower buttocks. Thought nothing of it and continued with treatment. Urinary frequency and pelvic discomfort disappeared within a few days but burning / stinging has intensified (buttocks, back of thighs and scrotal skin). No sign of any redness or rash. 

Been backwards and forwards to GP. He said this is another symptom of prostatitis and unlikely to be reaction to drug. I should therefore continue with the treatment.

As mentioned, I did have prostatitis a few years back with all the classic symptoms as per NHS website along with the 'golf ball' effect. Nothing like that this time - urinary flow / frequency normal, no pain in perineum / groin, no fever and bloods normal including CPR and CK.

The pain has been quite intense. Sensitivity to hot baths and hot water bottle which was the opposite when I had it a few years ago. Skin also sensitive to touch. Impossible to sit down and only relief is lying on side.

It all seems very odd and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these specific symptoms.

Many thanks

Andy

User
Posted 26 Oct 2023 at 20:09

Andy, your lack of answers may be because probably the majority of us diagnosed with PCa don't have the symptoms you described and alot of us are diagnosed by accident. 

Your post may also have been missed due to the moderation process.

Hope someone comes up with some answers for you.

Thanks Chris