I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Erecaid

User
Posted 02 Jan 2024 at 09:49

I am six months post surgery and all is good apart from no sign of an erection. I still have feeling there and can achieve an orgasm when flacid. I was prescribed Tadalafil 10mg twice a week and have taken that for the past 5 months with no effect at all. I have been prescribed an Erecaid pump and am waiting for delivery. My surgeon has great faith in this method. Has anybody used one and what was the result?  

User
Posted 02 Jan 2024 at 10:50

Lots of guys here find the pumps excellent for penile rehabilitation - i.e. regularly stretching the penis to max size to prevent damage caused by lack of regular erections and even to recover size lost due to treatment procedures.

A significantly smaller number find them useful for sex.

Having a pump clinic session where the pump is demoed on you doubles the chances of using it successfully afterwards. I don't know if these are available for the Erectaid. They a commonly done for the SomaErect pumps by the pump reps themselves in pump clinics.

I wonder why you're only prescribed 10mg Tadalafil? 2 x 20mg/week is a more useful dose.

Edited by member 02 Jan 2024 at 10:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Jan 2024 at 12:22

Hi John

I have used several pumps for many years including Erectaid  which is perfectly suited for your purpose. We rely entirely on VEDs for our sex life. You will find that pumps take a lot of practice and effort. Initially there may be quite a bit of discomfort and the thought of putting a ring on the penis is frightening and no doubt there is a level of pain - no pain no gain! - but it is something you can get used to; every method has disadvantages. With experience it is possible to create an erection in minutes; we have managed to re-establish our sex life with many unintended benefits. I have written at some length on this site of our experience with this approach. You may find the following link useful. I apologise to other members for repeatedly sharing this link! I must sound like a salesman for VEDs! If you message me privately I can give you more help if you wish. Good luck with the pump!

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t28948-Re-establishing-Sex-Life

Edited by member 02 Jan 2024 at 12:23  | Reason: Not specified

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Jan 2024 at 10:50

Lots of guys here find the pumps excellent for penile rehabilitation - i.e. regularly stretching the penis to max size to prevent damage caused by lack of regular erections and even to recover size lost due to treatment procedures.

A significantly smaller number find them useful for sex.

Having a pump clinic session where the pump is demoed on you doubles the chances of using it successfully afterwards. I don't know if these are available for the Erectaid. They a commonly done for the SomaErect pumps by the pump reps themselves in pump clinics.

I wonder why you're only prescribed 10mg Tadalafil? 2 x 20mg/week is a more useful dose.

Edited by member 02 Jan 2024 at 10:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Jan 2024 at 11:15

Hi Andy. Thank you for your reply.

A bit disappointed that the pumps don't give a good enough erection for sex in many people, hopefully I'll be a bit luckier. After reading other posts on here I was surprised at only being prescribed 10mg, however my surgeon has upped it to 20mg twice a week starting this week, so I'll see how that goes in conjunction with the pump.   

User
Posted 02 Jan 2024 at 12:22

Hi John

I have used several pumps for many years including Erectaid  which is perfectly suited for your purpose. We rely entirely on VEDs for our sex life. You will find that pumps take a lot of practice and effort. Initially there may be quite a bit of discomfort and the thought of putting a ring on the penis is frightening and no doubt there is a level of pain - no pain no gain! - but it is something you can get used to; every method has disadvantages. With experience it is possible to create an erection in minutes; we have managed to re-establish our sex life with many unintended benefits. I have written at some length on this site of our experience with this approach. You may find the following link useful. I apologise to other members for repeatedly sharing this link! I must sound like a salesman for VEDs! If you message me privately I can give you more help if you wish. Good luck with the pump!

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t28948-Re-establishing-Sex-Life

Edited by member 02 Jan 2024 at 12:23  | Reason: Not specified

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate