I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hormone treatment after bone scan

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 08:14

Hi, went to see urologist who felt my prostate and confirmed it was advanced cancer along with a psa of 1500. He is ordering a bone scan also start of hormone therapy, he has told me not to start hormone treatment till after bone X-ray, I really want start the treatment asap but he says it might skew the results of the X-ray. I would feel much better if the treatment was started now.

Neil

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 11:04

Is he saying you can start on the HT immediately after you have had the scan or is he saying that they need to see the results of the scan and quite possibly book further scans and wait for the results of those before commencing HT?

If it's the former then hopefully you shouldn't have to wait long and as stressful as it's likely to be, it really shouldn't make any difference to your long term outlook.

Good luck with your treatment.

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 11:20

Hi Neil, 

I'm sorry mate, but I have no idea HT and how it may interfer with scan results, but best of luck.

It maybe easier on here, to continue your journey updates on your first conversation.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t30500-Psa-1500

It often saves you having to repeat yourself.

Edited by member 22 Apr 2024 at 11:26  | Reason: Add link

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 13:36

Neil , do you have a date for the X-ray/ bone scan. Your cancer probably started many years ago. I understand your thinking, I delayed surgery for a few months, although I don't dwell on it, I do have some "what if" thoughts. I would think it is better to get a full picture before starting treatment.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 14:47
Quote:

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I have a cancellation at Worcestershire NHS for Wednesday 24t April,  so will know more then. 
Neil

If you want to talk to a professional for some reassurance, why not call one of the nurses on this site, number at the top of the page.

Thanks Chris 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 11:04

Is he saying you can start on the HT immediately after you have had the scan or is he saying that they need to see the results of the scan and quite possibly book further scans and wait for the results of those before commencing HT?

If it's the former then hopefully you shouldn't have to wait long and as stressful as it's likely to be, it really shouldn't make any difference to your long term outlook.

Good luck with your treatment.

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 11:20

Hi Neil, 

I'm sorry mate, but I have no idea HT and how it may interfer with scan results, but best of luck.

It maybe easier on here, to continue your journey updates on your first conversation.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t30500-Psa-1500

It often saves you having to repeat yourself.

Edited by member 22 Apr 2024 at 11:26  | Reason: Add link

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 13:36

Neil , do you have a date for the X-ray/ bone scan. Your cancer probably started many years ago. I understand your thinking, I delayed surgery for a few months, although I don't dwell on it, I do have some "what if" thoughts. I would think it is better to get a full picture before starting treatment.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 14:29

Thanks Chris 

I have a cancellation at Worcestershire NHS for Wednesday 24t April,  so will know more then. 
Neil

User
Posted 22 Apr 2024 at 14:47
Quote:

Neil

If you want to talk to a professional for some reassurance, why not call one of the nurses on this site, number at the top of the page.

Thanks Chris