I am not sure if it is a good idea to report straight after a consultation but it might help me make sense of what was a somewhat uncertain and difficult to grasp outcome. Once again my new uro was clearly on a time clock as he sought to get me in and out without pausing for breath. Until I mentioned it he did not refer to a letter from my GP concerning the leg pain and asking for a DEXA Scan and a bone scan.
Anyway my PSA has risen from 18 to 26, not disastrous but given I have only been having casodex for just over five months it looks as if it is already ceasing to work. He told me that the oncologist had refused my request for a meeting as my PSA was going downwards but now though it was time to pass on to the onco so, hopefully, should get an appointment and see where that takes me. He said he would consider a Dexa scan.
When I mentioned the problems with my leg and whether there might be a rogue bone met causing problems, hoping that this might lead to a bone scan he sent me off for an x-ray. I asked if I should come back with the results but he said not so though I have had an x-ray it could be a while before I get any outcome.
He did not mention my UTIs despite being in the middle of one last time I went nor my rate of catherisation. I was left feeling a little frustrated and not really having a conversation. It seemed disinterested as if explaining what he was happening was unnecessary.
I asked him whether the recent results coming out of the STAMPEDE research would impact on my treatment and he replied yes it is likely Abby tab or enzo would be next. I decided he perhaps was unaware of the research I was referring to, I.e. The use of early chemotherapy and decide to await seeing the oncologist.ni was beginning to lose faith at this point.
So an unsatisfactory meeting, a little further down the road, the circle gets slightly smaller but hopefully I get some action on my leg and at last get to see an oncologist.