I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Next stage

User
Posted 18 Apr 2016 at 17:23
Just had a conversation with my Onco and received latest PSA result. Following RALP in August 2015 PSA has gradually increased to 0.5 so 33 sessions of RT is the next step starting on 9th May. Now frantically trying to finish laying new flooring in bedrooms as well as decorating. Just finished the coving. Have booked the car in for major service so that the 3, 000 miles involved in having the RT doesn't knacker the car even if it does me.

Feel quite happy about it all and will await the outcome with fingers crossed.

Kevan

User
Posted 18 Apr 2016 at 18:00

I think the main thing is that you feel happy and confident and willing to move forward. I quite admire you going through all that motoring and it makes me feel so lucky to be near a major hospital even though I live in a lovely part of the country. I hope it all goes well
Chris

User
Posted 18 Apr 2016 at 18:35

That word 'frantic' conjures up all sorts of familiar images- I don't think I'd have got our bathroom finished if I hadn't been promised a trip to the (operating) theatre at the end of it...and as an added bonus, you'll have that lovely clear conscience from ticking off some more tasks round the house!

I hope things go well for you Kevan.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2016 at 19:28
The other good news is that permission has just been approved to build an RT unit at our local hospital just 7 miles away. If we keep the fundraising going it should be open in late 2017. Only another £2 million to go.

Thanks for the encouragement, will let you know the outcome.

Must get on as the OH has just noticed that I am sat down and is looking for the whip - but that's another story.

Very best wishes to you both with your own personal journeys.

Kevan