Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
«<8910

Cheshire Chris's Treatment Thread

User
Posted 31 Mar 2021 at 09:53

That’s a reassuring result Chris. Having electronic access sounds great, I still have to phone up and ask for a printout! 

Ido4

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 14:51

Another PSA test prior to my phone consultation next Wednesday. Really good result: total PSA is 1.2, which is the lowest it's ever been! A month ago it was 1.5, and was the same six months ago. Very pleased about this 😁. As always, a weight off my mind getting the test out of the way.

Chris

Edited by member 29 Apr 2021 at 14:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 15:05

That’s a great result Chris πŸ‘

Phil

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 15:30
Interestingly, this came after 24h of fasting (part of my diet). I wonder if fasting can temporarily lower PSA in the same way that other things can raise it?

Chris

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 15:35

Hmm that’s interesting Chris. I am hoping I did something to raise my PSA last time πŸ€”and this time it’ll be lower .... I can only hope 🀣

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 15:39
Fingers crossed, Phil! The nurse said to me last time that random ups and downs are entirely normal. What causes concern is either a large jump (eg going from 1.5 to 4) or a steady increase over several tests.

Chris

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 16:58

My PSA was 0.08 for most of the time during treatment and HT. Then 8 months after HT stopped it went to 0.97, then 3 months later 1.2 and then 2.75 after a further 3 months. Hospital don’t seem overly concerned although they kept me on 3 monthly checks instead of 6. I’m trying to prepare myself for the worst so if it’s still around 2 or 3 I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Phil

User
Posted 30 Apr 2021 at 12:49

Great news Chris. 

Ido4

User
Posted 12 May 2021 at 18:39
I've been having persistent pain in the "tail bone", so had an MRI scan last Wednesday. Had a text message from my GP today:

Dear Mr XXX,

We have your MRI back. I am please to say there is no signs of any significant pathology. There is no sign of any metastatic disease. There is some minor wear and tear. If your back / coccyx is still causing discomfort we can refer you to physio. Please let me know if you would like referring.

Thanks, James YYY

So that's good news. Unlikely to have been anything sinister I know, but with two cancer diagnoses there's always that "What if..." at the back of my mind.

Chris

User
Posted 13 May 2021 at 12:52

That is reassuring Chris. 

Ido4